Recent content by Wayne

1. Wayne

Elite Tiger crews:

[Armor snipers... ]
  2. Wayne

J13 errata

W/out getting into the weeds... ...there was a (near invisible) problem w/A7.55. J13 errata gave a solution which (in the eASLRB_v2.03 -> _v20.4 update) was =not= implemented when it could have been. Instead, the _v2.04 update implemented a better solution (one which addressed the problem...
  3. Wayne

J13 errata

Someone was kind enough to point out w/an example a valid motivation for consideration of removal of "Good Order" from A7.55, sentence 1: His example, though, drew my eye to something else. [TBH, I had so-focussed on the J13 deletion of "Good Order" that I missed the rather elegant eASLRBv2.04...
  4. Wayne

Night Bore Sighting

Seemingly so, for a non-MG weapon. Per C6.42, the recorded Bore Sighted location must be within weapon LOS. [I can see the case for informally allowing as though in day, though that would require agreement w/the opponent (and illumination/gunflash and/or NVR increase to enable actual use) --...
  5. Wayne

J13 errata

An opinion of yours not shared by all. For obvious reasons, that bit of J13 errata was the error -- rather than the eASLRB incorporate it, J14 should rescind it. For cause. I like to suppose that Executive Wisdom has intervened already to prevent that change to the ASLRB. It is my further...
  6. Wayne

Precision Dice

Re dice tower alternatives... years ago I saw at a convention a couple of ASL players using a pop-o-matic harvested from a kids game. There were two dice in it, one smaller white w/pips, a larger red w/Arabic numerals (their rate die). Results were quick and very easy to read. It made some...
  7. Wayne

Bocage Gap

[So they can reissue it years later w/the bocage art fixed and sell it to me again. :giggle:]
  8. Wayne

Polish Tank Ace Edmund Roman Orlik - in a "cockroach" 20mm TKS tankette

[The 11-minute "reenactment" video below contains a brief promotional for a software game (World of Tanks) used to render the story telling.] [Per Wikipedia, the history is maybe soft (but I imagine that can happen, particularly if your nation is overrun).]
  9. Wayne

A19.12 and A20.3

Yes. As you quote above, higher-numbered A20.3 conditionally allows Disrupted units to use Low Crawl.
  10. Wayne

Audie Murphy - One American vs 250 Germans (19 minute WW2 Documentary)

This is why we have these "ordinary soldier" ASL rules...
  11. Wayne

More chrome

The AFV cards published by TAHGC came w/DASL (where, ironically, hex space for vehicle markers is not a problem anyway) and were, I found a/ kinda annoyingly incomplete as a set, and b/ kinda impractical to use (JMO) There were third-party efforts to complete and expand and improve the set...
  12. Wayne

Monastir Gap Question

Correct, but a vehicular-weapon ATR of suitable given mm is a Gun and thus is capable of Multiple Hits.
  13. Wayne

Precision Dice

[LoL re calculators. I still use my HP-28S] Bill, re your now twice-made inquiry re my aggregate die testing history, I’ll get you some summary as practical for me. [Just now, I’m spinning a few too many other plates] Meanwhile, I SWAG the upshot was (as per theory) that I likely...
  14. Wayne

Precision Dice

[One reason we (all) get so antsy about our dice -- we remember our pains about 5x as long as our ecstasies (that's human nature). Upshot -- if equipped w/hypothetically perfect dice, we'll never-the-less perceive they are skewed against us. And (emotionally) perception trumps reality, almost...