Recent content by WaterRabbit

1. W

T15.51 & t15.52

> Rule:T15.51 & T15.52 > > > Question:Are the 3-3-6 units in the 3rd Special Base > Force (CG I) Korean Labor units? > > > > > > Are the 3-3-6 units in the Elements of Island Command > (CG II) Korean Labor units? > > > Yes, all initial 3-3-6s are Korean Labor units. > >...
  2. W

Portal's New Avatar Contest

:laugh: It seems to me a door would be most appropriate.
  3. W

Non-historical scenarios

If you had any Cultural IQ you might have a slightly different attitude. :cheeky: Frankly your whole attitude is insulting to most everyone. You make blanket statements as if they were facts and get bent out of shape when you are called on them. I agree with others that find it ironic you...
  4. W

Non-historical scenarios

Ahhh... arrogance and stupidity in the same package. How very efficient of you" --Londo
  5. W

Non-historical scenarios

Of course not, you never express yourself poorly. :rolleyes: Hint: Pick-up and read a copy of Strunk & White. Pay special attention to Rules 14, 15, and 17. Frankly, Paul is a much better writer than you (admittedly he needs a good editor). He follows rule 16 very well (intended or not).
  6. W

Non-historical scenarios

Martyr alert! :halo: Reread what I wrote. I in no way said that you were dull (while it might be true, I really have no way of knowing). I wrote that the recipe was dull. Perhaps you might concentrate on English instead of Greek or Hebrew. :cheeky: However, is neither a...
  7. W

Non-historical scenarios

I agree with 'Design for Effect'. ASL scenarios are defined by how interesting they are to play and not by their historical accuracy. I have played many DYO scenarios that were more interesting than the "historically designed" ones. Also if Mark had paid attention to his own interview...
  8. W

Finnish Troops

One thing I have never understood was the design decisions behind Finnish Troops. At the outbreak of the Winter War the two Nationalities’ squads would have looked something like this: Finnish Rifle Squad 1 x 9mm SMG (M1931 Suomi) 9 x 7.62 mm Rifle (M1891 Mosin-Nagant Bolt Action Rifle)...
  9. W

Geoboards

Good Grief! Good grief is right; you should really try to look up the meaning before you use such big words as conspiracy. :rolleyes: A business decision is not a conspiracy. For those of you that doubt VASL could be used in tournaments, a couple of points. The Ftf atmosphere can...
  10. W

Peer-to-Peer

Hi all, I just did a test of Peer-to-peer VASL and while a little clunky, it seems to work ok. The main problem I see is how do you get rid of the direct connection popup box?
  11. W

Geoboards

I think there is an ulterior motive here. It seems to me that the main reason you would risk alienating a bunch of customers by printing these flimsy ASLSK things is that they don’t think many people will be playing on them in 5 years time. The thought process I see here is this: MMP is not...
  12. W

Getting started in ASL

If you have Rulebook V.1 and Chapters E-Z, plus the errata is basically the same. However, you have to hunt for things more. The Glossary/Index of V.2 is quite a bit better.
  13. W

What would you Pay ?

I have to agree with Aries here. Plus this idea is still fairly half-baked. :) You need to define your idea a little more clearly for us to have any meaningful decision making process. I have only briefly looked at the KC stuff, but there is not enough info for me to look at it critically...
  14. W

Computer ASL

Well, if Ole helps them out there might be a glimmer of hope. However, we will all have to wait and see -- especially given some of their offerings. However, most of what has been said was discussed in this thread.
  15. W

sowchos 79

The question is by whom? Some are better at conversions than others and what sort of playtest did it go through?