Recent content by WargameHQ

1. WargameHQ

"Site Not Secure"

https://letsencrypt.org/ i use it on all the sites I’ve run or manage both personally and commercially. what makes it great is a little tool called certbot that does the heavy lifting For registration and renewal.
  2. WargameHQ

"Site Not Secure"

There are free ssl providers out there. SSL everywhere is one, but the leases can expire and need to be renewed. It’s pretty simple so there’s really no excuse not to have one at this point.
  3. WargameHQ

Prioritizing Hozan Storage - Suggestions Needed

One question I do have for folks is if I include ~20 counters of each infantry type should that cover 90% of all scenarios? I know there are some massive scenarios, especially when it comes to HASL scenarios and campaigns...but for normal every day play is there a rough count of how many I might...
  4. WargameHQ

I've used that for Planos, but had no idea they had Hozan charts! Thanks for the tips. Mine just arrived today so this is perfect timing.
  5. WargameHQ

I know storage is ultimately a matter of personal preference. I've gone through a few iterations of storage in my time in this hobby going from straight Planos to coin envelopes and planos and even tried GMT style trays for a while. So, I'm about to try another twist in this whole thing by...
  6. WargameHQ

Lapsed ASL'er Seeks VASL Jedi

This still hasn't had any takers...so let me throw this out there... I'm interested in playing ASL 13: Le Manoir via VASL. I'm Eastern Time Zone and am available in the evenings past 8pm or on weekends at other times depending on what's happening and we can plan ahead. Hopefully being a bit...
  7. WargameHQ

ASLOK Thoughts in the Age of Covid

This was going to be my first ASL convention ever, but clearly COVID-19 has put a dump on that. IF things are SIGNIFICANTLY better by then (vaccine / widely accessible treatment with virtually no hospitalizations) I might still consider. I can't just roll the dice...har har. My concern is that...
  8. WargameHQ

Next Pocket Edition Rulebook Pre-requisites?

So, I guess my question is ... how long does it take between iterations if it's POD and Finns are in it at this point? When can we expect the Korean War rules to be incorporated or is that something that won't happen given the nature of that particular expansion?
  9. WargameHQ

I’m confused. Is there a version that has the Korean War rules in it or the Finn page substitutions?
  10. WargameHQ

In order for the next "version" of the ASL Pocket Rulebook to come out, we'll need to see: Finalized Korean War (done) Hakkaa Paalle (done) Revised Hollow Legions Something else? What else will need to be completed to make it worth the time to release a new core Pocket Rulebook?
  11. WargameHQ

Thanks Buser! :)
  12. WargameHQ

The last time a moved a digital or physical ASL counter was probably 6 years ago at this point. I would love to get back into the game and own basically everything both first party and third party so, scenario selection won't be an issue. I will, however, need a patient Jedi master to bring me...
  13. WargameHQ

New members introduce yourself here!

I'm a lapsed ASL'er... I have steadily purchased anything and everything ASL for the past ~20 years, but the last time I moved a digital or physical half-squad was about 6 years ago. Sad, I know! As a result, I'm trying to get back into playing more and with my new job, I should have more time...