Recent content by waltu

1. waltu

Dispatch #57 was transmitted today.

Got it. Thanks Vic.
  2. waltu

"Nearest" Building Hex

Here is an earlier discussion on this same topic, with a more complicated example that actually occurred in the scenario "Where Iron Crosses Grow". http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/rout-destinations-and-minefield.160916/
  3. waltu

What is a good Battle of the Bulge Scenario with the SS vs U.S Airborne Troops?

Yeah, I guess. There is an SSR that specifically states that they are not SS, and their broken side ML is reduced by 1. According to the ASL #23 scenario card (which is updated from the original), they are members of 15th Panzer grenadier division. I'm not sure what the 658/348's are supposed...
  4. waltu

What is a good Battle of the Bulge Scenario with the SS vs U.S Airborne Troops?

I was going to suggest "Under the Noel Trees", but the German troops are actually not SS in that one (despite using 658 SS counters).
  5. waltu

Twilight Of The Reich And WO #15 Are Up For Pre-Order

Products from LFT are available in the US for what seem to be reasonable prices. For example, on LFT's website, "The Green Hell of Inor" goes for 110 euro (converts to 121 USD), and is available from Ritter Krieg's site (ships from North Carolina) for 130 USD. Fight for Seoul is available on...
  6. waltu

For all precision dice fanatics

Interesting website. Thanks!
  7. waltu

ASL 161 Arctic Crossroads LV?

Actually, thanks for the explanation on that visibility SSR. I played this a year or so ago, thinking it would be a "light" introduction to the night rules (ha ha). I found it to be a really strange scenario, it felt a bit 'experimental'. If nothing else, it was memorable. Did you try other...
  8. waltu

How'd your 2023 Year in ASL go?

Great story about Lloyd Glick (the WWII veteran). That must have been surreal.
  9. waltu

Twilight Of The Reich And WO #15 Are Up For Pre-Order

Nice to see some new ASL material on New Year's Day. It seems like there's been a lull in that department for the past few months.
  10. waltu

Merry Christmas One and All

Merry Christmas to all.
  11. waltu

Rally Point Volume 20 Will be Released at ASLOK 10/4/23

I assume Rally Point #20 will eventually show up for sale on the Gamer's Armory website. Is that a fair assumption??
  12. waltu

Retro Boards

Personally, I kind of liked the old boards with all the detailed texture and shadows and grungy look.
  13. waltu

Testing some MMP dice

Here's what I kind of get out of this: If you have a die whose physical measurements vary in the x, y, z directions by more than say 4 thousandths of an inch, get rid of it. If the dimensions vary by less than that amount, you'll never notice any difference from a perfectly fair die.
  14. waltu

Broken Ground Design Thread

Hi Alan. A slight edit. If you do decide to go ahead with these info counters, you might consider adding the turret CE/BU counter, the CE/BU counter used for half-tracks, the MG Field-of-Fire CA, and maybe the Malfunction counters for BMG, CMG, AAMG, MA, SA, and Gun. I did see the humorous...
  15. waltu

Broken Ground Design Thread

Alan, Did you ever, or would you ever produce a set of 1/2" information counters? I mean the basic stuff like: Prep Fire, First Fire, Residual FP, Pin, DM, Prisoners, Wall Advantage. The stuff you need for every FTF game. Those counters get the most use, and eventually get a worn out look to...