Recent content by waltermcwilliam

1. waltermcwilliam

Official Manila errata, aka The Manila Envelope

Playing this in two days an have a question about SSR4. Is this a separate, 3rd fire mission, discreet from the 2 fire missions in ssr5, which just keeps giving smoke until expended? Or, is it a 1 and done kind of thing?
  2. waltermcwilliam

LFT290 Picking Olives Clarification

SSR 5 States the New Zelanders have an off board observer. However there's a Radio in their OB so, which is correct?
  3. waltermcwilliam

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

I don't disagree that my determination may well be a bit hasty Scott. However, Roar has it 4 to 2 in favor of the US and the Scenario Archives 4 to 0 in favor of the US so, early on anyway it kind of looks that way also, the pace and feel of our game felt that way to me and my opponent. But...
  4. waltermcwilliam

Module and Countersheet for Steeple Counter

Does anyone know which product(s) and the countersheet the Steeple counter comes in. I need to purchase some spares for an upcoming playing of SF17. v/r
  5. waltermcwilliam

Panzerpioneers from the new Journal against Al Saltzman as the attacking Germans. Great Game, went the full length but a US victory. This is a fun scenario with a lot of maneuver required of the defender. Highly recommended but probably a bit pro-US.
  6. waltermcwilliam

BTB12 Going Against the Grain - Al and I played this last weekend and I had the Germans. I committed from the beginning to an exit VC strategy. I recommend not doing this, "It's a trap!", unless you opponent simply gives it to you. I succeeded in completely over running the smaller village...
  7. waltermcwilliam

No, I put dummies up there to draw fire power early on and the German's never really threatened it until it was to late.
  8. waltermcwilliam

ESG106 Splatter Spray - A fun fast paced scenario which is a little hard on the US. I managed to come up 1 building short against Tom's tenacious defenders; who managed a very active sniper early and must have been well drenched in vino as they withstood a good many withering -2 MC. Still...
  9. waltermcwilliam

AP29 Raff's Dilemma Lindsey and I faced off in this bocage brawl today. I broke 3 Sherman MA and Lindsey would roll back-back-back snake-eyes on WC DR to create heavy wind and shut down all the remaining smoke. The US made the woods at the base of the hill and their firepower along with an...
  10. waltermcwilliam

The Germans did not reach the tower, but I had pretty much left it undefended until the late game when I put a MMC and a Stuart adjacent. I started with 3 x ? counters at lvl2 as a bluff, I just knew it would get pounded by the German armor. Sure enough about turn 3 or 4 it took a crit. My...
  11. waltermcwilliam

IT4 Clash at Ponyri Big Al and I had a very good time with this meaty scenario. It has been on my "To Play" list for quite sometime. The Russians were able to hold on for the win in the T7 and EE8 buildings. Al's first Smoke DR of the game would cause a Sniper 1 which broke a FT toting...
  12. waltermcwilliam

G37 Forth Bridge Al and I had a great time with this older offering. The British reinforcements didn't arrive until turn 6, and the brits would generate 3 HOB DR to the German 2. We both rolled our fair share of Boxes as well, though mine was critical, the 75L guarding the crossing point he...
  13. waltermcwilliam

Hollow Legions reprint, Will you play the desert?

Absolutely. I enjoy it as much as any other theater.
  14. waltermcwilliam

J191 Rebel without A Pause Tom and I took a break from play testing to engage in this short fight. It was a horrid display of shooting by both sides, but the German's managed to keep it together long enough for the win. Tom chose VC option 3, Overall a good scenario on the wonderful board...