Recent content by Walki

1. W

Wounded SMC and BAZ

Hi Roger He doesn't need to drop the BAZ. He can carry over his IPC of PP (A4.43), it just costs MFs. So with his IPC of 0, 3 MF, BAZ 1 PP, he's down to 2 MF. If he's already started moving, he can't recoup the lost MF by dropping the BAZ (A4.44). However if he's already moved over 3 MF...
  2. W

Boards in Journals?

Absolutely brilliant idea. Do it now. Forget AOO and the rest. New boards now! :-)
  3. W

emRR and Grain LOS hindrance Q

I think the 3 hexes count as hindrances. Check out F6.52. Grain is one of the "half-level" hindrances mentioned in F4.51. The emRR 457+MMG is at level 1/2, moving stack level 0, grain level 0, so they're meeting the "within half-level" provision in F6.52. F6.52 AFV/WRECK TEM & HINDRANCES...
  4. W

ASL 101: IFP, SW, and DFPh

Situations 1 and 2: Yes to both, units/weapons not marked with First/Final Fire counters can fire in the DFPh as per A8.4. In FTF, you just try to remember. ;) Roger
  5. W

Staying in motion in the same hex?

The tank is "in motion", but it's not a moving target, which is probably what you wanted. (ie. no +2 TH for case J). You can spend more than minimum MP when entering a hex to burn MPs (D2.18) or delay MPs while stopped (D2.17), but not by just spending 2 MPs to move VCA. Moving VCA is not...
  6. W

Electronic ASLRB...?

Brain Implants, I can't wait to explain to my wife why I need to have surgery. "Oh, no, it's not for ASL, it'll help me remember your mother's birthday". :) That's another couple of thousand on the world's most expensive board game! :) -Roger
  7. W

Electronic ASLRB...?

I agree it's far more than copying and that it's a good use of time, but we are just duplicating so much effort. All the scanning, OCRing, proofing, etc. could have been used to make a rulebook far superior to the one we have each made individually. I'd like to see each others works myself...
  8. W

Electronic ASLRB...?

I also used ABBY Fine Reader to OCR my e-aslrb. Perl to create web pages from the txt source. Still proofing (half way thru Chapter G). I've got Chaps A-F finished, with all the pictures created with VASL artwork. HTML, hyperlinked. One html file per Chapter. I plan on making animated gif for...