Recent content by Von Kar

1. Von Kar

Vassal 3.7.0 Released

Great. Thanks. What does "indexing pieces" mean / do when you load a game ?
  2. Von Kar

Bocage - no LOS ?

No problem. Thanks for all the effort you put into developing and improving VASL. Highly appreciated.
  3. Von Kar

Bocage - no LOS ?

VASSAL 6.6.4 - VASL 3.6.7
  4. Von Kar

Bocage - no LOS ?

I'm building a .vsav file for scenario 12 "Confusion Reigns" in which all walls and hedges are Bocage. After loading the cropped boards and changing the walls and hedges to Bocage, LOS doesn't work. The error message is : "VASL LOS disabled: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke...
  5. Von Kar

ASL Arnhem games?

Thanks. I consider that box art cover to be the best and most beautiful of the AH-MMP Modules. On second thought, of all Modules overall, actually.
  6. Von Kar

ASL Arnhem games?

Not sure whether there are any books detailing just those actions, but both Horrocks “Corps Commander” (ISBN 0 283 98320 5) and Patrick Delaforce’s “The Fighting Wessex Wyverns” (ISBN 0 7509 0773 8) dedicate a chapter to The Fight On The Island. The correct spelling is Oosterbeek.
  7. Von Kar

A11.22 Withdraw via Infiltration

Another question on the same topic : Situation : CC Phase, no Ambush, so Close Combat is simultaneous. ATTACKER attacks all enemy units first and destroys them all in CC. DEFENDER then fights back, attacks all ATTACKER’s units and rolls a 12. Does the ATTACKER then still have the option to...
  8. Von Kar

Find copy of original counters

Are these pictures useful in the meantime ? West Of Alamein - Images (BGG)
  9. Von Kar

VASL scrolling problem?

Same here. Just finished a 4 hour session and no unwanted scrolling whatsoever since installing the VASSAL-3.6.4-SNAPSHOT-99bbc6a-master. Thanks a lot.
  10. Von Kar

VASL scrolling problem?

Yes. I actually am on VASSAL 3.6.3 (macos-x86_64) since almost as soon as it was released, so no longer on 3.6.2. The same applies for the other player I know of (who runs Windows). Sorry for any confusion caused. (edited my previous post).
  11. Von Kar

VASL scrolling problem?

Yes, I do (running VASSAL 3.6.3 (edited) and VASL 6.6.3.1) And I know of at least one other player who has the same problem, too. (Haven't reported it yet, as I have no clue what triggers it. Might just as well be Michelle from the Resistance 🙄 )
  12. Von Kar

Looking for VASL live opponent in UTC+2 (CEST)

Hi geebeehaitch, yes, actually I did. This forum is an awesome medium to get in touch with ASL-players. (PM sent for further arrangements.)
  13. Von Kar

VFTT114 Out

VFTT 114
  14. Von Kar

Pegasus Bridge

Then turn to page 59 "Airborne Prologue" quickly. Spoiler (p. 65) : LZ W was actually about 300 metres long and the glider touched down at a speed of about 80 mph before an arrester parachute deployed. Such was the impact of the landing and the rapid halt that both pilot and co-pilot were...
  15. Von Kar

Pegasus Bridge

In Andrew Stewart's "Caen Controversy" you can read an almost hour by hour account of the PB scenarios ...