von Jager

A War-gamer since 1969, I started playing Tactics II with a kid that lived around the corner from me; it sparked my interest and I bought my first war-game Guadalcanal for my Birthday in Nov,1969. After entering the Marines I played PzBlitz and Stalingrad, France 40 and PzLeader; while in the reserves I played a test game with my mailman a game that was later called Squad Leader. In those Days I was playing a lot of Richtoftens War, but almost all game got pushed aside from 1977 to 1981 for SL. in the early 80's I played a lot of GDW, VG, and SPI/TSR Titles and loved Yaquinto's Pz,Armor and 88. then 1985 while still playing SL I found ASL; boom that was the game that defined War-gaming for me. I played ASL exclusively from 1985 on with an occasional foray into Minis with Empire and Johnny Reb II. from 1999-2005 I played mostly miniatures slipping in ASL games when I could find an opponent; and in 2005 I discovered Flames of War, and started playing this game; but ASL remained my basic Interest. I played with the guys of the Silicon Valley ASL Club in 2000-2001, and in 2006 I found the ASL club in Atlanta and started playing. Thanks to Skype and VASL I have played more ASL than I have in thirty years. I still enjoy other gaming, such as Bolt Action and FoW and Avalon Hill Classics, but ASL is my main love...When I pass this earth I will take with me one white die and one colored die...ASL Forever
Country
llUnited States
Game Preferences
Board Games, Tabletop Miniatures
Favorite games
ASL, Panzer, Armor, 88, GCACW, anything ACW, and just about anything Tactical in WWII. Not a bg fan of Monster Games.
Occupation
Retired.

Contact

Following

Followers

Trophies

1. 2

Somebody Likes You

Somebody out there liked one of your messages. Keep posting like that for more!
  2. 1

First Message

Post a message somewhere on the site to receive this.