Recent content by Von der Tann

1. V

ice sea 1917 variant - battle statistics Feb, 6. 2011

We have played this scenario several times, and each time we had a different outcome and different deployments. This time, visibility rose quickly and allowed for the British superiority in range, and with the Grand Fleet being deployed most efficiently and Greenboys available, we had quite some...
  2. V

January 2nd 2011 - Showdown off Terschelling

Statistics Ships sunk Kaiserliche Marine: DD V6 DD V3 DD G9 DD G8 DD V30 DD S33 DD G37 DD G41 DD V43 DD V46 DD V44 DD S65 DD V69 DD G85 DD G95 DD G94 DD G93 DD G92 DD G90 DD G87 DD G86 Royal Navy: BB Queen Elizabeth BB Barham BB Centurion BC Renown BC Lion BC...
  3. V

January 2nd 2011 - Showdown off Terschelling

On January 2nd, the new Jutland season started with the expiry of the traditional Christmas Truce. We began with a very large scenario named Showdown off Terschelling, with most of both navies involved. The German BC are sailing of the Dutch coast and encounter British destroyers, behind which...
  4. V

1916 Campaign - Kaiserliche Marine

Gute Arbeit, Admiral. Weiter so! - gez. Wilhelm IR ;)
  5. V

British 1916 Campain

I read the battle report with great interest, but I also noticed Saddletanks remark about the campaign being far too easy for the RN. I imagine this could be easily changed if submarines were able to harm cargo ships, but this might push the balance too far the other way.
  6. V

1916 Campaign - Royal Navy

Re: 1916 Campaign Under the circumstances, the A boats seem next to useless anyway. But they have one redeeming feature: they are the only type of expendable boat able to lay mines, if only four apiece.
  7. V

Dead of Winter - 5th BS Variant

Yes. Nothing has changed, except the stability of the games - which means a lot already, of course. I expect the focus group are the campaigners, as there are few people who ever dare to multi-play... I am not aware of any other group doing this.
  8. V

Already did a long time ago, along with a few other MP suggestions. I did start a ticket on the visibility issue, though - I hope theris an easy solution.
  9. V

I find the minimap quite useful, although I seldom use it to the full extent of its capability. It is of limited use for details anyway, as individual ships are hard to make out and it remains sketchy even in its largest version. I merely use it to gain a quick overview of the action, which is...
  10. V

I had rather hoped for the visibility to stay low, as the KM mostly has a main battery range about 2000 to 4000 m shorter than those of their opponents, which is largely responsible for the boring old "stay just out of range" routine. Another reason, however, is the fact that the distance from...
  11. V

This Sunday's battle was originally supposed to be a Big Battle, with a fight the size of Jutland. The scenario of choice was to be Showdown off Terschelling, but since we were only seven players, we agreed to do something a little bit smaller. So we decided to do Dead of Winter instead, which...
  12. V

En Passant Revised - Krousis, game on 18 July

Good to see the action reviewed from another point of view. For the sake of completeness, I am re-posting my own report from July 19 here:
  13. V

En Passant - Krousis

I Scouting Group Statistics SMS Lützow 021 x 13.5in Mk V 1250 lb Gun. 2 critical hits: 02:07:41 : 13.5in Mk V 1250 lb Gun strikes BC Lützow [propulsion [critical]] Record serial:834. 02:07:41 : BC Lützow propulsion damage:light [2%] 02:19:23 : 13.5in Mk V 1250 lb Gun strikes BC...
  14. V

En Passant - Krousis

After the last weekends were seriously disrupted by the soccer world cup, we were finally able to sail again this Sunday. With only three players, the European game didn't really get off the ground, so we joined our American comrades an hour later. The game scenario was "En Passant – Krousis"...
  15. V

En Passant - Krousis

Statistics: Ships lost: Royal Navy BB Revenge BB Barham BB Marlborough BB Agincourt BB Orion BB Thunderer BB Colossus BB Hercules CL Galatea DD Lydiard DD Narborough DD Nestor DD Onslow DD Moresby Kaiserliche Marine BB Kaiser BB Grosser...