Recent content by volgaG68

1. volgaG68

DASL 11 "Ripe Pickings" Setup Question

Thanks, long work week...:sleep:
  2. volgaG68

Immobilized Wagon in Dinant

Another rule that I seem to have glossed over, forgotten, or never really digested in the first place!
  3. volgaG68

DASL 11 "Ripe Pickings" Setup Question

I'm just wanting to make sure that I understand this correctly. US setup instructions state, "set up in/adjacent-to any one hex that is at least three hexes from the nearest German unit". Suppose that the "any one hex" is three hexes away, does that mean units could set up adjacent to it on the...
  4. volgaG68

CdG - French Blue Shades

Am I the only one whose counter sheets appear to have uniform coloring? I'm not seeing the difference on mine that are in the pics.
  5. volgaG68

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

Great scenario, agreed. Just finished this one with the Germans winning during their DFPh of Russian Turn 9b (11b). One 4-5-8 left which initially went berserk under DF, then the PzIVF1 got a CH and he became Red mist! A great "fighting withdrawal" scenario. EDIT: German AFV came on in Turn 3...
  6. volgaG68

What was your "moment?"

I will give the full story just because I enjoy telling it, and it is SO illustrative of the concept of synchronicity. I had never even heard of wargames at age 21. I was a street tough at the time, and I didn't even know 'worlds' like this even existed. I played RISK a couple of times with my...
  7. volgaG68

ITR 3?

Title says it all. I've greatly enjoyed all of the BFP releases I have bought, with the two bocage packs finding my personal sweetspot. However, ITR 1 & 2 are what I have considered to be the most well-crafted, balanced, and intensively fun scenarios so far from you guys. You have mastered the...
  8. volgaG68

A handful of scenarios that I've greatly enjoyed lately..... ASL96 "Crux Of Calais"- Excellent oldie! German win at end of game by having 12 1/2 SE north of the canal, with the Brits having 7 1/2. Much closer than it seems, they both had 11 SE going into Turn 8b DFPh (9b). The Germans got some...
  9. volgaG68

What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

One of the most under-rated scenario packs out there, IMO. Excellent, big, FUN scenarios!
  10. volgaG68

Croix de Guerre Second Edition now available for preorder.

Just snuck my pre-order in last night; get the PO price but delay the CC billing cycle a bit longer than if I had done so out of the gate. I might be one of the last to PO, but I have plenty to play until it arrives!
  11. volgaG68

Königsberg has arrived!

Received my copy Saturday. I am most impressed by the map detail for the stone/wooden rubble and the debris. It is some of the most realistic, chrome-y map art I have seen. The enlarged hexes are cool too. Hoping he can do all of his future maps at this scale. I would have accepted a larger...
  12. volgaG68

Is the Deluxe ASL Redux going to make preorder?

Do you know how long I've waited for George to do a DASL scenario? Never say never, I guess!
  13. volgaG68

Third Party Publisher Rate of Publication Question

I agree with this assessment, both specifically and in general. LCP is the only publisher that I have playtested for, namely three scenarios from one of their Ost packs. In all three of them, we were both amazed at how little (if at all) recommendations we had. What revisions these particular...
  14. volgaG68

Thanks for making me re-read the rule. For some reason, I thought an entry trailbreak was only made by an AFV in an A-P minefield. :(
  15. volgaG68

??? Not familiar with it.