Recent content by Vinnie

1. Vinnie

Adding white space to VASL maps

You can still add blank boards to them.
  2. Vinnie

Can a HT AA MG make a TH DR on an AFV?

People often forget that as it has MA you need to add an extra VP for the vehicle.
  3. Vinnie

Sry to Ask - but can a Vehicle setup at game start in a Stone Building?

It only gets a bog check on VCA change. All standard modifiers apply. The +4 modifier does not though as it is only for entry.
  4. Vinnie

Red October Campaign Game II

The Russian getvsewer movemen5 so coukd move into the manhole and from there to the factory.
  5. Vinnie

Hull Down, OBA and ATT

I really should know this but a hull down vehicle on the edge of a hill. Does this affect OBA requiring a hull hit to have any effect? Similarly, does it affect Area Target Type and if so, does it matter if the firer is a mortar? Rules referneces would be nice but not required.
  6. Vinnie

Gun CA Change on Recovery/Capture

Fairly sure the “change CA on recovery” is a holdover from SL days.
  7. Vinnie

Poll: How's your local ASL club doing?

We can start this again over the winter if you want. Locally, we have a semi regular meet up which doesn’t happen over he summer as I work too much.
  8. Vinnie

Smoke placed in residual fire lane hex

If the squad is in the firelane then the smoke is placed before the attack takes effect. Although smoke does not affect the firelane, it does make the hex no longer open ground. So the ffmo will not apply even though the smoke DRM does not apply.
  9. Vinnie

wall and hedge LOS example

EX: In the 9.1 illustration, the 4-4-7 in 6Z9 can attack the 8-3-8 in X6 with a +2 DRM for the wall because both intervening wall/hedge hexspines are part of either the firing or target hex and neither of them has three wall/hedge hexspines on the vertex that is part of neither Z9 nor X6. If...
  10. Vinnie

Fires and perimeters in RO

Factories are buildings...
  11. Vinnie

Can mapboards be rotated in VASL?

Turn your monitor on it's side? :) more seriously, if you are playing with skype, then you can rotate the image on your monitor. To do this, you can just hold down the Ctrl and Alt keys and any arrow key to flip the screen 90 degrees, 180 degrees, or 270 degrees. The display will go black for...
  12. Vinnie

Explanation of Broken Ground Design's Counter Art

It's not that difficult, dark night, couple of guys, some 2 by 4...
  13. Vinnie

Pinned OBA Observer Question

I don't think an offboard observer uses either a radio or field phone as they take counter from and he does not.
  14. Vinnie

This is what my tank crew counters look like in real life:

looks like it malf'd after the first shot. Do ypou know if he made his repair roll? :)
  15. Vinnie

DC placement from within SMOKE

If you are in the smoke, no extra. If you are placing into the smoke, you pay the extra mf.