Recent content by up5799

1. up5799

LOS Frozen through overlays and wrecks

Doug, Just sent the vlog file - cannot send vsav since program is frozen. I can send a vsav file from the point just before the freeze - would that be useful? Also, if it helps I was able to finish my move and save the file - the problem is that we are unable to play the file back (it freezes...
  2. up5799

I'm on 666 so the bug may be back...
  3. up5799

When tracing a LOS through an overlay and about a half-dozen wrecks (desert scenario) the program froze. It unfroze about 30 seconds later and I continued the turn and finished the log, but on playback can't seem to be able to get beyond the freeze (playing the file back we get to the freeze...
  4. up5799

Critical Hit when firing in motion

AFV in motion firing on another AFV - final TH is a 3, with lower die doubled due to motion. Roll is a 2 does a CH occur?
  5. up5799

Question for Original Squad Leader Players

Well we are talking about a game which was released in four parts between 1977 and 1983 - and last printed in 1998 (assuming AH continued printing CoI, CoD, and GI up to the end, which I doubt they did. When you cut through all the nostalgia BS, OSL is fatally flawed due to its lack of...
  6. up5799

The future of the Ersatz VASLeague

I was thinking it might be a good idea to have shorter intervals between games in the winter when the weather is cold and longer intervals in the summer when the weather is warm, then I realized for people in the southern hemisphere the seasons are reversed!
  7. up5799

The future of the Ersatz VASLeague

FWIW there is a Combat Commander ladder with monthly live games via VASSAL, and from my experience those scenarios take A LOT longer then a small or even small/medium sized scenario in ASL.
  8. up5799

CX question

I have a squad in a foxhole in the woods. There is another foxhole in an adjacent woods hex. If my squad advances out of one foxhole into the adjacent woods and into the other foxhole, is the unit cx? I would say no, since entering the woods hex and foxhole only cost 3 of the squad's 4 MP's.
  9. up5799

Looking for VASL SCW playtesters

Please include me as well
  10. up5799

VASL Map Online Problem/Suggestion Form

An option for pine woods would be nice. Terrain symbol can remain the same, but level 2 for LOS purposes
  11. up5799

1980's Nostalgia

Hi Steve, PM sent, Jim
  12. up5799

Objective Schmidt on VASL?

Can't wait for this one but my only means of playing is via VASL - any updates as to its status?
  13. up5799

1980's Nostalgia

After seeing this video I had a sudden urge to play all the Paratrooper scenarios ca. 1987 (using VASL of course - this is the current year.) Any takers? Jim
  14. up5799

smoke caused by bypassing wreck

Reposted - moderators please delete thread
  15. up5799

smoke caused by bypassing wreck

Here is the situation - a US M4 was bypassing a woods hex with a german squad (yes this was the infamous VPB sleeze.) The Germans managed to find a panzerfaust, and we have one flaming US tank. Now obviously any LOS which touches the smoke will get a +2 for the smoke coming from the burning...