Recent content by Tycho

1. Tycho

Chat window text lines

By statistics I just meant taking the file apart and looking for patterns. I prefer to see numbers on-screen, probably a habit I picked up from looking at spreadsheets and data tables for so long. I also prefer ascii to graphic emoticons so I may just be wired for text. OTOH, I much prefer...
  2. Tycho

Chat window text lines

Just updated to 3.7.9/6.6.8, this seems to be new (or I can't find the setting...) The beginning of each line with a DR (or dr) starts with the roll number followed by a ~ or * EX: *141~ IFT 3 3 ... Tycho Cower if MMC w/o LDR Is there a way to turn that back off? I don't play with...
  3. Tycho

ASL 161 Arctic Crossroads LV?

This one uses a subset of the night rules but does not include E1.7, the LV hinderance. Is there errata somewhere (that I can't find) adding it? (Reality argument, but there was definitely an LV in the winter when I was in Fairbanks)
  4. Tycho

Human Wave movement

Unit is part of a human wave. He moves to the left front hex (for example) and is marked with a hex grain range counter. He is now adjacent to an enemy unit one hex further to the left (but still in a forward hex). Must he enter that enemy unit's hex? A25.2321 says you can't drift further to...
  5. Tycho

General VBM question

Mostly curious... Do people use the VBM extension to check for clearance? From what I've seen (not that my sample size is very big) if there is a sliver of OG we play as VBM is allowed. If you are using the extension, would differences in screen resolution change the result? Tycho
  6. Tycho

ArrayIndexExceptionOutOfBoundsException

Using VASL 6.6.6 /VASSAL 3.6.19 (I have audit log on, can't figure out where the file is): Using board(s): 24(v7.0) 17(v6.5) 44(v6.6) 42(v6.7) VASL LOS disabled: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Index 645 out of bounds for length 645. VASSAL los active Scenario...
  7. Tycho

Text not appearing

Happens to me pretty regularly with log files (and I'm positive my opponents and I aren't all using the same VASSAL/VASL). A quick up-down scroll of the mouse wheel brings up the last line. A little annoying, beats the hell out of no ASL though.
  8. Tycho

Scenario B3 Prussian Panic buldings

Yikes, I'm about to play a 35 year old scenario... One of the VC calls for the Soviets to control 2 multi-hex buildings. Should it be multi-hex stone buildings? It's pretty balanced on ROAR (7-9) but looks easy for the Russians if wooden buildings are included. (I did find the errata swapping a...
  9. Tycho

Close combat math...

So, AFV and infantry in the CC phase... I have a pinned squad in a building, my opponent has a bypassing in-motion AFV with a 20L(w/IFE), BMG(3), CMG(5). My squad has CCV 5 -1(Pinned) = 4 BMG & 20L(as it's >15mm) don't count so the AFV has CMG 5/2 (motion) = 2.5 My squad needs a 4 to hurt it...
  10. Tycho

6.6.5 chat window issue

We did play with the colors so it wasn't that. I'll have him pull the extensions, I'll bet he has tons of them. Here's hoping...
  11. Tycho

6.6.5 chat window issue

My opponent and I both have 3.6.7 & 6.6.5. He can't see any text in the chat window other than his own (we hopped in to several VASL rooms to make sure it was not just mine that he couldn't see) - it's not even picking up the carriage returns after rolling dice. I sent him a log file (just a...
  12. Tycho

VASL 6.6.5 is released

Thank you! Worked like a charm. I've been using VASL since you had to mail a $10 check to Rodney Kinney to get rid of the "nag" popup on starting VASL and never noticed that setting.
  13. Tycho

VASL 6.6.5 is released

Question... the data entry part of the chat window looks like it has a smaller font/narrower space than before (image below). Is there a setting I can tweak somewhere? I played with both the chat window font and dice buttons font settings, it didn't change the lower part. These old eyes have a...
  14. Tycho

VASL GO FUND ME

This should be pinned at the top of this board.
  15. Tycho

Festung Budapest CGII 3.0 (Dennis Brothers)

I started CG I (so, same entry area) as the Russians. Under copious smoke I started making progress towards the cogwheel rail station along the north side of the embankment (everyone who tried to cross it died) when Heavy Winds removed it all at once. I think I lost 4 squads outright and another...