Recent content by trailrunner

1. trailrunner

True life story

I was finishing grad school. This was back in the day when word processors were just becoming common. My last and biggest task was to finish my thesis, get it typed, and then accepted by our library. The specifications on the thesis were overwhelming - must be done on a certain type of...
  2. trailrunner

True life story

I am deaf in one ear. I have trouble hearing in certain situations, and sometimes it takes me a few seconds to process what I hear. Many people who know me don't realize this, because I otherwise appear normal. One time I was getting off an airplane. It was a smaller plane, and as we were...
  3. trailrunner

MMP Roads to Rangoon AP#19 now on Preorder

Hey - That's my line! :)
  4. trailrunner

Main section

When I was (much) younger, we used to play a lot of backgammon. We used cups for the dice, and game play was often done while drinking adult beverages. Every now and then, someone would drop their dice in their drink, or roll their drink instead of the dice. The odds of that happening...
  5. trailrunner

Pimping ASL- how to get new people to play

When I first started playing, I bought copies of SK1 for two friends that were sort of interested in the game. They got hooked. As they say - the first hit is free.
  6. trailrunner

DONATIONS

How much do you think the IP is worth?
  7. trailrunner

Bypass a Pond?

A4.3 BYPASS: Bypass enables unbroken Infantry to move through a building/woods hex without entering the obstacle in that hex (and consequently having to pay the two MF cost of actually entering a building or woods), whenever that obstacle does not physically touch the hexside being Bypassed...
  8. trailrunner

Human Wave 2024 - 12-14 July in Fairfax Virginia

Human Wave 2024 will take place 12-14 July 2024 in Fairfax VA, just outside of Washington DC. We are close to finalizing our scenario list and will post it soon. Please considering joining us. More information and registration can be found here: https://humanwaveconscripts.com/ If you're in...
  9. trailrunner

making countersheets

The link is embedded in the fourth word of his post.
  10. trailrunner

Rounded corners and tweezers

Here is my counter clipping setup.
  11. trailrunner

air burst residual FP on bypassing unit

Ah, got it - thanks.
  12. trailrunner

air burst residual FP on bypassing unit

According to the last EXC in A8.26, residual firepower from a mortar hit in woods is increased by one column to account for airburst. This is shown in the second part of the A8.26 example: EX: A hit with a 60mm mortar attacks an Open Ground Location on the 4 FP column and leaves 2 Residual...
  13. trailrunner

Picking up a training game at Winter Offensive?

I'm the one that organizes the Conscripts game days. Our schedule got a little irregular over the holidays. My plan is to have the first meeting in February start at 10am, assuming I can find a library room.
  14. trailrunner

Replacement pages and the pocket ASLRB

How would replacement pages for the pocket rulebook work? When changes are made in one place, it can change the formatting on subsequent pages. I noticed this last week when my opponent and I looked up a rule. I said "look at the last line on page xyz." He couldn't find it, because in his...
  15. trailrunner

OA20 The Revenge Of The Greys setup question

I'm getting ready to play this scenario, which uses maps 14 and 17. Map 14 has a runway, and by SSR1 is "treated as an unpaved road." SSR2 also instructs us to, prior to setup, make a random dr to determine if an aircraft wreck exists for "each open ground hex which is adjacent to a runway hex...