Recent content by Tork

1. Tork

What boardgames have you played recently?

Carcassonne (with only one or two of the additions--last time we had the dragon in there we all played 'nice' and didn't eat up all the meeples...) Fluxx and Zombie Fluxx Wings of War Halo3 and Oblivion on the XBox Second the desire for an updated version of Kremlin. My copy was heavily...
  2. Tork

Wp Oba Ch

also from the YASL list... In a message dated 11/16/2005 8:49:38 PM Eastern Standard Time, perrycocke@comcast.net writes: >Question 2) When using WP OBA, does one get a Critical H by treating it as >a WP smoke grenade and any MC with a colored die of 6, get's the tem added >to...
  3. Tork

Motion FT TK#

forwarded from the YASL list: In a message dated 11/16/2005 8:49:38 PM Eastern Standard Time, perrycocke@comcast.net writes: Question 1) A motion AFV with a bow ft which has a normal range of two and >extended range of one fires at two hex range at a stationary, enemy afv. >Does...
  4. Tork

BRT CGIII 19PM AAR

Status so far Greetings, Our game is continuing, although life is doing its best to slow us down. There is way too much going on to do a full AAR, so here is a quick update on losses. In the first CGS, the initial landing AM scenario, the final CVP tallies were Marines lost 371 CVP...
  5. Tork

T8.0 Gun Emplacements

From my experience... The 8" cupolas are amazingly vulnerable to the Marine FB'44 air support. If you go through the TK numbers, against aerial AF, open-topped, etc, the final TK number is about an 8. One Corsair strafed both 8" cupolas into oblivion in one pass. If you really want to...
  6. Tork

American 60mm MTR and smoke in 1944

A US 60mm mortar can only use WP in 1945, with the series of exceptions for some late December 44 actions. It may never use Smoke. Period. There is a difference between Smoke and SMOKE. Smoke is the +3 stuff. SMOKE allows use of +3 smoke plus use of WP (+2). WP is the +2, level 4 stuff...
  7. Tork

D1.81 & D2.32 Vehicle Bypass & TPBF

Yes but... Greetings again, I agree with you, but the argument being used against me is in D1.81, where it states that a BMG ‘may fire only at a target that lies either within its vehicle’s VCA or in its own hex [EXC: see 4.223, 8.5 and C2.6]’. The stated exceptions have to do being unable...
  8. Tork

D1.81 & D2.32 Vehicle Bypass & TPBF

Greetings, We have a question about vehicle bypass, VCA, and fire from CMG/BMG from the vehicle into the obstacle the vehicle is bypassing. I have a Tank-hunter Hero charging into a hex with a wooden building and a Stuart stopped in bypass of said wooden building. The restricted VCA of...
  9. Tork

Desired VASL feature

Yes but... when the map is really busy, and you are trying to check out one particular hex in relation to a wreck or gun of interest, hitting the global button doesn't help as much. Kind of too much information, as opposed to the info about one spot...
  10. Tork

Desired VASL feature

Greetings, Here is a VASL feature that I'd really like to see. Can the cursor hover-view also show the hex coordinate and a picture of the hex map underneath? That would really help in high density battles, like BRT. I would greatly prefer to not have to click on the array of units to...
  11. Tork

How do you choose/eliminate scenarios to play?

If my opponent has played the same scenario before, I _really_ need to know that. If I haven't and he has, then there had better be some good explanation for playing it again. Quote I never want to hear again, after doing my defender setup: "I've played this scenario seven times, won twice...
  12. Tork

BRT CGIII 19PM AAR

end J T1, start Mar T2 BRT AAR update starting Sept 1 Continuing with the BRT CGIII, 20PM Japanese Turn 1 Advancing Fire A series of shots, the best of which was a 2FP+1, does nothing. Of the flames in the wooden buildings on the Beak, R11 goes to a Blaze!! The units inside withdraw, a...
  13. Tork

Chap G, Seaborne Assault & BRT

Greetings, Question for Seaborne Assaults and its implications for BRT. 1. is there any rule to prevent loaded landing craft from just spinning around in circles, not bothering to head for shore? 2. Do loaded landing craft have to head for the nearest shore hex? 3. For BRT beach...
  14. Tork

What is the ASL action like in your neck of the woods?

New England/YASL As for the New England region, there are a bunch of us around. The Yankee ASL group has a couple of set meeting times a month, supposed to be the first saturday and third sunday of each month. That schedule is tentative, with kids arriving plus my testing for my black belt...
  15. Tork

Using Printed VASL Maps for FTF Play

caves Where printed VASL maps are great is when you are playing a cave or high density fortification scenario. I like to have a second map in addition to the one your opponent & you are playing on. You can use the base terrain and draw in your caves, pillboxes, & mines. That works better...