Recent content by tommyl

1. tommyl

What are the Effects of "Moist" EC

The way I read it, the road depicted on board 39 is the only road in the scenario. SSR 1 states that PTO Terrain (G.1) is in effect. This means no roads exist. The rest of the SSR then states that the road on board 39 and the bridge in 39P9 do exist, so that single road on board 39 is the only...
  2. tommyl

What are the Effects of "Moist" EC

B 29.1 "Roadblocks can be only placed in road or runway hex."
  3. tommyl

eASLRB index update question

Playing a VASL game with Finns and noticed that the index entry for Cowering notes the exception for British Elite/1st Line but not the Finns. (Version 2.05). Is there a place to send comments for future updates? Thanks
  4. tommyl

Syracuse area gamers

Anyone in the greater Syracuse area meeting for FtF games?
  5. tommyl

VASL PBEM - Looking to get back into it

Thanks, I've got my games...
  6. tommyl

VASL PBEM - Looking to get back into it

Looking to pickup a PBEM game. Played in the past, but only SASL last two years. Have almost all official modules and lots of TPP. Prefer ETO having only played 1 or 2 DTO/PTO or night scenarios. Can manage a 3-4 logs/week pace.
  7. tommyl

Dummy stack and Ambush dr

No, but Dummies are eliminated in step 8.11 and Ambush isn't until step 8.12
  8. tommyl

Did AFV crews ever go Berserk?

Assistant Driver: Must fire BMG at closest target. All such fire is treated as sustained fire (A9.3) despite being a vehicular MG.
  9. tommyl

Commissar not Rallying SMC

I think the “cannot be replaced” only applies to the HS in that sentence.
  10. tommyl

KGP II Rulebook Question

Roadblock is 7 FPP. Don't have a PDF copy and my scanner is down right now, sorry.
  11. tommyl

Routing question (again)

I think your answer is further in A10.51 "As long as it reaches that hex during a single RtPh, it need not use the shortest route,". In your case moving to the side means you can't reach the rout destination during a single RtPh so is not allowed. I'm pretty sure they surrender.
  12. tommyl

Activation in APh

I've always played S? activated my Friendly APh movements are activated concealed. But not sure it really matters. In the next PrepFire phase they will either be firing, moving or entrenching and thus lose concealment.
  13. tommyl

Some Basic VPO Questions

Be sure to read S15.9. If you mop up a building you could activate a HIP Enemy. Chances are reduced the more locations you enter before declaring Mopping Up.
  14. tommyl

Purchasing Friendly Force

Yes. Then you can trade one of the 8-0 leaders for a 9-1. After that you can roll on the Leader Exchange table. On a roll of 4 or lower you can trade the 9-1 for the indicated leader. However if you roll a 12, the 8-0 will be replaced by a 6+1 leader.
  15. tommyl

Purchasing Friendly Force

The BPV values are listed on the A./G. National Capabilities Chart. It is also on the back of the counters, the number in the upper left.