Recent content by TomK

1. TomK

Malayan Campaign Scenario Recommendations

Dave, I could probably provide the scenarios that you don’t have. Get with me at the Bitter Ender.
  2. TomK

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

Today I played BFP-128, The Devil’s Armpit, with Walt McWilliams. My Germans slowed the Poles down long enough to allow the reserves time to solidify the line.
  3. TomK

B9.32 Wall Advantage

Caveat: The wall advantage rules seem to have been significantly changed from those of 1st edition. Situation: I have a unit in a fortified ground level stone building that has three wall hex-sides facing the enemy direction of travel. I claimed WA during set-up. B9.32 states “A unit...
  4. TomK

BFP-127, The Road to Warsaw

AAR: BFP-127, The Road to Warsaw 11 September 1939, Kopytow, Poland. Situation: Beaten up and scattered elements of the Polish 2nd Infantry Division are defending the village of Kopytow against advancing elements of the 2nd Battalion of SS Regiment LAH. An armored car platoon is attached to...
  5. TomK

I hope this is what you were looking for. We had a good time with it. Singapore By Moonlight is no easy scenario, but how often does one get the opportunity to conduct a night amphibious assault with the Japanese? I think that it’s the only night scenario by I may be mistaken. I can’t...
  6. TomK

This is a 15 scenario linked campaign covering the Japanese invasion of Malaya that we played last year. http://www.aslscenarioarchive.com/lists.php?viewList=102
  7. TomK

Who is Lindsey M. Murillo?

Lindsey was minorly involved in the playtest of the ASL rules around 1983-84. He used to rub elbows with Charlie Kibler and Bob McNamara. He’s got a few obscure playtest credits from the early days of ASL. He lives in Laurinburg, NC and is my primary opponent.
  8. TomK

Bypass and Minefield

Given a unit that bypasses a Woods/building hex side that is ADJACENT to a minefield hex; is said unit attacked by the minefield?
  9. TomK

WO15 - Liberation Day

Great write up!
  10. TomK

WG2 Assault on the Teploye Heights, Thoughts? Balanced?

Alan Saltzman and I played it several times in the 90's. If I remember correctly once the Germans break through the mine belt the Russians are screwed.
  11. TomK

WaR 4, A Promising Start (2nd Ed) errata?

The scenario card says to place overlay Wd5 on 40P5-O5, but that would cover overlay Wd1 in 40O4. I think the proper placement for overlay Wd5 would be 40O5-P4.
  12. TomK

Forgotten War Journal (so far)

Al Saltzman and I are playing through all the MMP designed Forgotten War scenarios, in chronological order by date. Here are the recaps of what we've so far played: FORGOTTEN WAR JOURNAL ASL 203, Hard RoK, played 8 May 2018. I attacked all across the front in order to gain as much information...
  13. TomK

ASLOK XXXIII Open Play

After 20+ years I'll be returning to ASLOK. Is anyone up for a game on Monday, 1 Oct, in the morning? You pick the scenario, I'll pick the sides.
  14. TomK

Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

Today in ASL I...packed a little for ASLOK. I also scanned the Forgotten War scenarios and added them to my digital collection. I have about 3000+ scenarios in the collection.