Recent content by TomK

1. TomK

Who is Lindsey M. Murillo?

Lindsey was minorly involved in the playtest of the ASL rules around 1983-84. He used to rub elbows with Charlie Kibler and Bob McNamara. He’s got a few obscure playtest credits from the early days of ASL. He lives in Laurinburg, NC and is my primary opponent.
  2. TomK

Bypass and Minefield

Given a unit that bypasses a Woods/building hex side that is ADJACENT to a minefield hex; is said unit attacked by the minefield?
  3. TomK

WO15 - Liberation Day

Great write up!
  4. TomK

WG2 Assault on the Teploye Heights, Thoughts? Balanced?

Alan Saltzman and I played it several times in the 90's. If I remember correctly once the Germans break through the mine belt the Russians are screwed.
  5. TomK

WaR 4, A Promising Start (2nd Ed) errata?

The scenario card says to place overlay Wd5 on 40P5-O5, but that would cover overlay Wd1 in 40O4. I think the proper placement for overlay Wd5 would be 40O5-P4.
  6. TomK

Forgotten War Journal (so far)

Al Saltzman and I are playing through all the MMP designed Forgotten War scenarios, in chronological order by date. Here are the recaps of what we've so far played: FORGOTTEN WAR JOURNAL ASL 203, Hard RoK, played 8 May 2018. I attacked all across the front in order to gain as much information...
  7. TomK

ASLOK XXXIII Open Play

After 20+ years I'll be returning to ASLOK. Is anyone up for a game on Monday, 1 Oct, in the morning? You pick the scenario, I'll pick the sides.
  8. TomK

Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

Today in ASL I...packed a little for ASLOK. I also scanned the Forgotten War scenarios and added them to my digital collection. I have about 3000+ scenarios in the collection.
  9. TomK

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

FORGOTTEN WAR JOURNAL Al Saltzman and I have set out to play all the Forgotten War scenarios published by MMP. Here's what we have so far: ASL 203, Hard RoK, played 8 May 2018. I attacked all across the front in order to gain as much information of the enemy defense as possible. During the...
  10. TomK

What boardgames have you played recently?

About a month ago I played Marengo from the Napoleon at War Quad by SPI.
  11. TomK

How did you get your start into War games?

I think my first actual wargame was a thing called Tank Trap. It was one of those ads in the back of a comic book and cost about a $1.00. This was probably around 1968 (I was 8) when my dad ordered it for me. He and I played it once, it was pretty stupid as I recall. The following Christmas...
  12. TomK

Fayetteville, Fort Bragg NC Area

Where are you located? If you're in Louisville, KY I'd have to say that I was looking for someone a little closer.
  13. TomK

Fayetteville, Fort Bragg NC Area

Our small group is looking to expand. All experience levels welcome.
  14. TomK

CVPA Human Wave during Korean War

Question, ref: A 25.23 and W 7. Can CPVA conduct a Human Wave in KW scenarios?