Recent content by tinjaw

1. T

Suggestions and Info needed

Hey! That's no fair. You stole my idea. I can't think of a better reason why the U.S. wouldn't just show up and own the place in a day. If it was that important of an operation and we didn't have our hands tied behind our backs... It would make a 100 Hour War seem like a war of attrition! US...
  2. T

Suggestions and Info needed

USS Florida. :laugh:
  3. T

TacOps Arena

A while back the Major has an idea for what might be called "TacOps Arena"; a light-weight CPX. The idea was to have a multiplayer game running that players could join/leave at any time without destroying the game for the other players. The game would be more casual than the usual CPXs; more...
  4. T

"Name this Weapon"

JED: The Military Equipment Directory Stumbled across this today. Not sure if it is common knowledge.
  5. T

"Name this Weapon"

Now for the championship round :hmmm: Drum Roll Please
  6. T

Operation: Colossus - a TacOps Narrative PBEM Campaign

I am interested, but involved in too many games right now. If this wasn't started until the new year, then I would love to join in.
  7. T

The Defense of Hill 781

I would be interested in four runs of each scenario. (I know :bored: ). But I would like to see a matrix of Blue/Red on one side and textbook setup / open setup on the other. The four games in my order of interest. 1) Both Blue and Red get set up as the textbook. Red executes as close to the...
  8. T

Generic GPS Guided Munitions

That is an idea I was thinking about the other day. Couldn't we just plot airstrikes like we do helos? The airstrike dialog would work the same except clicking on the target the normal unit dialog box appears. You plot the movements which need to start offmap and end offmap. You would use the...
  9. T

Proposal for vehicle speed modeling and moderate infantry "sprints".

I've been following the thread and your suggestions sound good to me. However, I have no real world experience in such matters.
  10. T

Webpage update

I hope I am not telling you something you folks already know, but if you click on the box with the down arrow next to the topic it will jump to the unread posts. For example, I have threads sorted oldest to newest. By clicking it takes me to the point in the thread where I last read and I just...
  11. T

The Defense of Hill 781

There is a copy of that book sitting right next to me as I was rereading through it today having just completed it last week. Playtesting scenarios sounds very interesting as I was also planning to do something similar.
  12. T

TacOps Tactical Discussion Group #2 - Red Defense

I didn't say that. Quit putting words in my mouth. :lier: :D
  13. T

Question: I thought all of Blue's equipment was going to be OPFOR and Red's to be US. I see Blue has some US equipment and Red has some OPFOR stuff.
  14. T

What?! No trout? :surprise: The Major is being easy on you today. :TRUCE:
  15. T

CPX December 4

Count me in. I would like a maneuver group. Either side is fine with me.