Recent content by Telumar

1. T

Europe Aflame: Telumar vs Heldenkaiser (Axis AAR)

Turn 165 - August 23th, 1942 Enemy Actions (Allied Turn 164) Dierk seems to have given up south of the Don. He manages to destroy the still cut off Mountain Corps and my last airlanding division, 5. Gebirgs Div and to break the containment of the Terek pocket plus several minor...
  2. T

Ea 2012

Admittedly, this "suspension of belief" also is required if that happens in 42.:D I can see and fully understand that. However, one solution could be disband units. When the German-Soviet war breaks out earlier than historically and thus the Germans begin to develop new tanks earlier than...
  3. T

Ea 2012

Those that come when Stalingrad falls :p
  4. T

Ea 2012

Yes, i can "see" what you mean. It's just no my cup of tea. Gameplay, strategic scope all works fine (ok, a Heeresgruppe in the Caucasus supplied via Turkey and Middle East stretches everyone's imagination.. ;) ) and i have a great time battling Dierk. But then, if this is intended by the...
  5. T

Ea 2012

Hmm. Maybe i can fend off the Americans, do a Sealion and march on Moscow at the same time.. that all in 43 lol. Seriously. That you already have all that stuff like IS-II, ISU-122s and 152 and 34/85 should compensate that a bit. Plus your countless, dreaded Artillery Divisions.
  6. T

Turn 164 - August 16th, 1942 Enemy Turn 163: The Soviets continue their retreat from the Steppe/Kuban/Terek regions. General retreat direction is Northeast. Dierk manages to cut off armored lead elements on the Elista - Stalingrad road (part of PzGruppe "Afrika") and a Mountain Corps that...
  7. T

Ea 2012

@Veers (if you're still around): You definitely should look at the Maikop/Grozny/Baku disband units! Or do them away completely and replace them with a timed supply increase. The problem with these units is the uncontemporary equipment they add to the pool if captured early. Not to mention...
  8. T

Ea 2012

Nothing in particular. I like 3.4. It's just that the new combined terrain/deployment defender bonus is said to unbalance things. Actually it's the RFC on ignore losses bug that screws land combat, there's a thread at the Matrixforum dealing with this. And, concerning EA the "Donut of Death" has...
  9. T

Turn 163 - August 9th, 1942 Enemy reaction (Allied turn 162): As expected Dierk re-opened lines of communications to the Kuban front. Our airlanding troops get between forces retreating from the Maikop/Kuban area and forces that Dierk sends down south from Stalingrad. 7. Flieger Division...
  10. T

Turn 162 - August 2nd, 1942 Turn 162 is what i would call 'missed opportunities'. An early turn end after the first combat round due to a battle south of Rostov (PzKorps vs Infantry). Dierk has surprisingly not begun with a general withdrawal from his exposed positions at the Kuban. Instead...
  11. T

TF = Task Force. In this context a naval TF. Following the activation of Spain there was indeed a sea battle off Portugal/Spain. Dierk made the error and got within reach of my Ju-87s which is not such a good idea, especially in TOAW. The RN got defeated in that battle, but it can and will...
  12. T

I can't exactly remember the details. But Malta was a several turns affair. Firepower. Mere and brute force, there are no elegant techniques.. I believe i hit that island with air strikes, plus the Italian navy shelled the airfields and defenders. Several amphibious assaults, with a split up...
  13. T

The quiet northern part of the Eastern Front. Note that a small area of East Prussia is still in Soviet hands. This while the German Army advances towards Stalingrad.
  14. T

New Graphics and a short update.. Turn 161 - July 27th, 1942 The whole war still concentrates on the southern part of the Eastern Front in the Soviet Union. Except for minor Partisan activities in the usual places (YU and Spain) it's been quiet in the rest of Europe since spring (when...
  15. T

Long time not seen... First, apologies for not updating the AAR for so long. I just didn't find the time. But i think it's again about time to post some screenshots and comments in this phase of the game. We're at turn 154 and the Axis summer offensive on the eastern front is in full swing...