Recent content by tailesin

1. T

PaK 98/37

Sorry to resurrect this. The Pak 98/38 is clearly misunderstood and misrepresented. It should be: LOW TARGET, M9, Unlimited HEAT, and I would give a Basic to Kill of at least 14-15 (Hl a/B) and finally no B11 (as far as I know) there is no reason. -- Height was the same than the Pak 38...
  2. T

Q33.1 Exploiting the Gap Playtest

George, Nice AAR. My only complain on the scenario is that, as far as it is known (and it is know), there were no Pz III Flam's on Normandy. Sorry to say it but it hurts my eyes. Although not very often used, there possibly were sdkfz 251/16's around. They would need more caution to use...
  3. T

J223 "Latecomers", go home !

I agree with You Laurent. In 2023 with internet and so much info available about most of WWII is amazing how a few scenarios are made. Sometimes is just all info is wrong like this example, others I have seen are: I like this vehicle-weapon-troops and put them in an escenario were they there...
  4. T

B13.41 VCA change on a woods-road hex

Well yes, I read the "(in)famous" Q&A and still consider it makes no sense and it's not coherent with other change VCA costs in other even potentially more constricted situations like "sunken roads" and "elevated roads" unless the woods road is always considered a narrow forest path. Taking...
  5. T

B13.41 VCA change on a woods-road hex

Sorry to add to this thread but Juan's new question has made me reread the rules... A point that puzzles me about Perry's answer is that "Sunken roads" and "Elevated roads" have the same doubling of the costs for a change of VCA and also to pass Wrecks/vehicles : B4-42 and B5.42 rules. But...
  6. T

German "Raupenschlepper Ost" RSO

Yes, why not !! I really don't have any problem with new useful counters even if only one vehicle was made provided there exist an scenario for them...but before RSO's, I would rather like to see "oficial" Panzerjager IV/70 (A), Stug IV, sdkfz 251/17, sdkfz 10's with 37L and 50L, Diana...
  7. T

German "Raupenschlepper Ost" RSO

By the way, reading diferent reports (in spanish or German) about the experiencies with the RSO as a tracktor and as a "panzerjager" from the troops in the field... They are not very good.... Too high a target, noisy and generaly unreliable to be a tractor for front line Pak 40 (75L), Flak...
  8. T

PP3 Le Viet Relief aka And/Or again

So, a simple OR would suffice.
  9. T

PP3 Le Viet Relief aka And/Or again

Just imagine for us, non native english speakers, what an AND/OR can do to our old and tired minds...
  10. T

Normal CC vs VBM

Thanks for your answer
  11. T

Normal CC vs VBM

Sorry to resurrect but after reading rules A11.8, D7.2, 21,211 and the Overrun flowchart I'm getting confused. The Flowchart seems to permit something than the rules seems to not. In my example, a Kingtiger enters in bypass in a woods hex with a british unmarked para-squad with a PIAT...
  12. T

PROKHOROVKA! game on pre-order now at advancingfire.com!!

come on, I can hear the sound of tanks comming at you !! Just 80 to go.
  13. T

PROKHOROVKA! game on pre-order now at advancingfire.com!!

Pre-ordered !! Can't Wait
  14. T

C11.1 Should the word 'crew' be replaced by 'manning infantry' so that HS and S manning guns benefit from gun target size?

I would have contemplated this situation: A squad taking control of a Gun as an opportunity to inmediately deploy the squad into 2 HS: one manning the gun and taking profit of its caracteristics and the other free to do what it was needed. I would even force this deployment in order to be able...
  15. T

Croix de Guerre Second Edition now available for preorder.

I guess ... an opel blitz counter !!!