Recent content by switch_back

1. S

NEW SCENARIO - well sort of

Woot! sounds good, i'll give it a go. :D
  2. S

Operation Anaconda

Thanks Tiberius, Just what the doctor ordered, a quality map from a quality map maker, I look forward to taking a look at this map and trying to build scenario for it. I'm looking at trying to build a vietnam style scenario for your LZ-Xray map, but obviously only once we have the fixed...
  3. S

Where does POA2 stand now? 9-19-04?

I'll miss that welcome C++ error :cry:
  4. S

Riiiiight okay, that sounds good to me!!! i'll do a fresh install with nothing but 121 installed ;) Thats where I messed up, I was so used to piling everything on top of each other, I dumped that one on as-well :D
  5. S

LOL!!! :laugh: I thought as much, just had to be sure though. I went through the process of: -Install from CD -Install all Data Table patches from HPS -Add Brit Flag Update -Add Updated Manual -Install Build 72 -Install Build 111 -Install Build 121 et voila...
  6. S

Yup, the moment the POA2 background appears in the program window, it pops up, but is quickly masked by the load last save box. I dont care, im not complaining, it makes me laugh when it loads up :D Like you said Cbelva i'll let Scott know what I did, I will try a re-install first. Could...
  7. S

Yeah I get that, doesnt seem to do anything though does it, I just ignore it, I think its more an aesthetic C++ error :D I am also very pleased with this build, I really like the helicopters alot, they are at their full potetntial now for sure, using helos tactically is now fully possible...
  8. S

Opponenet Reliability Rating?

I myself had an incident where the hardrive in my machine died very recently, which destroyed a few games I was playing, I would hate to be rated as un-reliable or something like that, due to something which was not even my fault :crosseye: I did give my opponents continual updates on my...
  9. S

Just managed to get the 111 build

Tis a damn shame, Ive probably said before but we are going to need more than fixs to get POA2 up to polish, but yes It is an issue of time. I would love to spend the time making maps, but im rubbish at it, so im not even going try. I can come up with some good scenarios though, which is what I...
  10. S

Yeah there gonna have to be small, im quite limited anyway because of the size of the maps, we need some good map makers bringing some maps out :D
  11. S

Logistics Package

John it might be interesting if after the PBEM test of this battle that we post an AAR here on WFHQ so it can be shown exactly how well this principle works in motion, people might very well be interested to see how this pans out. If you would prefer it left till the CPX is over that is fine ;)
  12. S

Ok after a fresh install im now able to access the mission editor properly, which is alot more stable for sure, when I get some proper time, i'll have to sit down and try some stuff out. :D
  13. S

Thanks for the update, I guess I must have patched the game wrong or something, it just im getting C++ errors in the editor, looks like my bad on this one ;) I will re-install the game and patches and see if I can get it going. As per your advice, I wont attempt any official scenarios...
  14. S

Mark as a side note, have you heard anything on the when the scenario editor might be fixed?, as I have some great ideas for scenarios for the game, that uses the full potential of the game mechanics. POA2 could soon need more scenarios to fully test the game out, and im more than happy to...
  15. S

Thanks Mark, I appreciate the help, let me know how you get on. [The rest of you] On another note, without meaning disrespect, if you have nothing useful to put into this thread other than b******g about POA2, open one up to do it on! I am trying to get some help here and discuss the...