Recent content by Robin Reeve

1. Robin Reeve

Breaking in Human Wave and Banzai - routing before melee - cant find the rule

A10.5 says that a broken unit "not in Melee" may not stay in the same Location as an unbroken, armed KEU, which covers the cases that your evoke. So "in Melee" is a different situation.
  2. Robin Reeve

A10.51 Question

Note, too, that the notion of "same" only applies to buildings. There are no "same" or "different" woods ruleswise.
  3. Robin Reeve

Have you ever used VASL?

I mostly use VASL to play (solo play included). I used the counter art when designing scenarios: much preferable over simple text. I very occasionally look at other people playing, but since the generalised use if Skype or other vocal devices, it is less easy to follow the game.
  4. Robin Reeve

Do Conscripts cower with leader direction?

That is all I need to play, and rules gurus would certainly only answer along the RAW, not after their idea of how the game could be designed in a possibly better way.
  5. Robin Reeve

Do Conscripts cower with leader direction?

It is not the rules gurus point of view. It is the Italian vehicle note E.
  6. Robin Reeve

Laminating All Overlays?

I am looking for double-sided removable tape. There exists double-sided with one side permanent ant the other removable, but for some games (not ASL), you have double-sided overlays that you want to preserve and thus have removable glue on both sides of the tape...
  7. Robin Reeve

Wire and Routs. Yes, one more Rout question

The point is you never enter or exit Wire - whilst you do enter and exit other Fortifications like Foxholes or Pillboxes. So you count a default 1 MF for moving under it.
  8. Robin Reeve

Noobie question: VBM and broken units in hex

We are all learning and this bypass thing is quite often misunderstood.
  9. Robin Reeve

Oh, just to be clear: a vehicle never straddles a hexside (even if you place the counter on it). It always is in the obstacle's hex. So even if it were stopped, it could not empeach an ADJACENT brokie in an Open Ground hex from routing away.
  10. Robin Reeve

I think that, as you don't enter Wire (you move under it), the exclusion of the cost for entering a Fortification doesn't apply when you calculate the MF cost for a rout path. Aneil's Q&A states that you assume 1MF for moving under it when you calculate the MF of a rout path.
  11. Robin Reeve

There is a Q&A indeed: A10.531 Rule A10.531 says, in part, “The cost to enter/exit Fortifications within a hex are not part of the total MF cost used when calculating the nearest building/woods hex.” No exception is made for Wire, which is a Fortification. Is the MF cost of Wire then ignored...
  12. Robin Reeve

They can rout away, as the Motion vehicle doesn't lock them in Melee.
  13. Robin Reeve

Laminating All Overlays?

I scanned mine and saved the files in the cloud.
  14. Robin Reeve

New program to help set up VASL scenarios

My only problem with this program was that its default settings are that images must come from your local computer, which busts any sharing of the file with someone else. Could the default be the opposite?
  15. Robin Reeve

Just another Rout Phase question

If a unit uses the woods-road for its movement, and an enemy unit able to interdict is has its LOS to the brokie without crossing a woods depiction, it would interdict the routing unit. But if the LOS crosses the woods depiction, there would be no interdiction - quite similar to a DFF situation...