Recent content by Swiftandsure

1. Swiftandsure

Possession of a Gun.

What is that? A Hegelian or Marxist concept? Well, I would recommend that you spelled your rules questions in a much more precise way, as you quite often don't use the appropriate wordings of the rules. I do reckon that you do want to understand how the game system works. So keep on asking...
  2. Swiftandsure

What Non-ASL game have you played recently?

Clank! with three of my students. It was a good fun time. I am trying to muster two to six other players next Saturday, to play History of the World, 2018 (Z-Man) edition: much shorter than my previous, Av. Hill, 1993 edition, with only 5 epochs and attacking being more rewarding.
  3. Swiftandsure

Possession of a Gun.

You should have Steve and Don play one another. Let them debate rules aspects : perhaps could they annulate their mutual, numerous misinterpretations of the rules? Still take notes when they cannot solve some questions and bring them up here.
  4. Swiftandsure

Precision die's uncommon behaviour

You are right. Especially with +1 Dusk LV. Btw, I really liked that scenario - and the overall feel of the module. Thank you for the good job !
  5. Swiftandsure

Hatten - Schurzen/gyros?

I think that using the optional availability rule is a convenient way to go, as a precise answer to the question is difficult to find.
  6. Swiftandsure

Hatten In Flames available for pre-order

HF1 game end. US crushing victory. I really liked the feel of the scenario - even though the Americans had hardly any problem laying SMOKE and the Germans didn't have good DRs at crucial moments...
  7. Swiftandsure

HF1 Black Day in Hatten (soloing). "White die" in Hatten actually. :cool:
  8. Swiftandsure

Hi, This is the first time this happens to me with one of my precision dice... I swear that I threw it. Should I revert to non precision dice? Or use sharp edged ones - this one is a professional backgammon one? Or is that die just making fun of me? (Its buddy in the rear of the image is...
  9. Swiftandsure

HF1 continued (solo) : German Turn 3, RPh. American steamroller hard to slow down - Germans botched some crucial defensive fire (i.e. bad rolls).
  10. Swiftandsure

Foxholes.

The question is, putting aside one's idea of reality, why exiting a FH is easier during the RtPh than in the MPh - with a different way of computing the exit MF. Even though those two phases are different, combining (or not) the exit MF with the MF cost of the next hex moved into is a strange...
  11. Swiftandsure

Foxholes.

Foxholes are good for : - protection vs OBA - paving rout paths - defending vs OVR (especially when the AFV owner doesn't know how to use MG and Ordnance otherwise) - protection vs indirect fire in woods (mitigates Air Burst effects) - behind walls and hedges, an infantry can move out of LOS of...
  12. Swiftandsure

Next series of Civil War ASL modules now available for order at Critical Hit

Those are just the Spartan SMC counters.
  13. Swiftandsure

HF1 T2 US RPh Low visibility and WP helped US move towards the first buildings. K11 VC building was taken by two US squads HtH, killing the German 548 and its leader - but Sgt Reynolds was wounded in the process. As the American mortars haven't depleted their WP, Germans pulled out from G11 and...
  14. Swiftandsure

About Red Barricades size.