Recent content by Swiftandsure

1. Swiftandsure

SMCs and Fire Lanes

Two sms are enough to man a cellphone too.
  2. Swiftandsure

RR2 overlya placement problem

As explained, things worked when I created the set up from scrap again. Overlay RR2, board 5, V5-U5. PTO Light Jungle in effect.
  3. Swiftandsure

RR2 overlya placement problem

Hi all, I am setting up STL7 Take a Long Walk, and the placement of the RR2 gives a gap (see image) in the Railroad - I used the classical overlay function, as I haven't seen draggable overlays for RR. I checked with my physical map and overlay, and the result is different (no gap). I decided to...
  4. Swiftandsure

STL7 Take a Long Walk RR placement [forget it!]

Hi all, I am setting up STL7 Take a Long Walk, and the placement of the RR overlays gives a gap (see image) in the Railroad. EDIT : it was a VASL thing - and setting up from scrap fixed it... Sorry for the inconvenience!
  5. Swiftandsure

What do you Dread the most when playing ASL? (Game Play)

I dread botching my defense and thus not offering my opponent an interesting game.
  6. Swiftandsure

Settle a bet for me about motion vehicles...

I agree. Speeding up play would have my preference over risking a change of mind that not announcing the "all remaing MP cost" before a vehicle enters a hex could make possible.
  7. Swiftandsure

Sharks exist. Not being one is teaching by example.
  8. Swiftandsure

Well, announcing that you will spend all your remaining MP to enter an hex before entering it (the legal way) and announcing that you do it once you entered the hex so as to remain in Motion (which is not legal) are not light years apart. I would not mind that my opponent chooses the second way...
  9. Swiftandsure

How to fight a pillbox?

They have been changed into Chinese units some decades ago.
  10. Swiftandsure

You also can change the vehicle's VCA right and left in the hex until it has spent all its MP. That is, if you forgot to announce that it spent all its MP entering the hex and if you don't mind to look slightly stupid.
  11. Swiftandsure

ASL Supplemental Map Bundle Question

As MMP already sell SK geoboards separately which weren't included in the first map bundle, I think that even if the second one doesn't reach its pre-order number, the maps could be published separately.
  12. Swiftandsure

Wreck hindrance and Grain

The T-34 could easily have made the halftrack a burning wreck. Which would - barring Heavy Winds - would generate +2 smoke hindrance rather than the wreck +1 hindrance. An overkill in many senses.
  13. Swiftandsure

How to fight a pillbox?

Would manning some artillery pieces require prohibition of smoking?
  14. Swiftandsure

How to fight a pillbox?

I like tu pump AP rounds against a pillbox. No TEM so easy hit, but with a HE equivalent of 1 or 2 FP. But 1 or 2 FP flat can do some harm.
  15. Swiftandsure

Need an updated ASLRB index?

There is a big difference between adding to the Index and publishing a third edition of the rulebook. We don't need to wait that MMP moves for the former: inputs from the ASL crowd could be much more productive than the craft of two or three writers. And, as George underlined, MMP could recycle...