Recent content by swellington

1. swellington

What boardgames have you played recently?

Still just playing World in Flames twice a month or so, not had any ASL this year yet!
  2. swellington

NFL Draft

Free agency and salary caps are there for 2 totally seperate reasons. Drafting youngsters out of college is how the sports get new player, and new stars otherwise we would be still cheering on 50 yr old men out there. Free agency is how the stars get moved around to balance things out and make...
  3. swellington

NFL Draft

Our Vikes got #3 and im afraid there going to waste it, now I cant say we have never gotten anything out the draft recently, (Adrian Peterson, and Randy moss a decade ago) but other than that Vikings have made bad choices in their drafts. This year I hope we use our pick on a good lineman...
  4. swellington

World in Flames, Vassal and face to face with a group of 5
  5. swellington

OH NO! Pitman's left the ASL forum in a huff...AGAIN!

Anyone ever google 'Mark Pitcavage' ... its some interesting reading :laugh:
  6. swellington

World Cup 2010 : who's gonna win the thing ??

Netherlands is still kickin, they always make it far but never to the pinnacle. maybe this is the year.
  7. swellington

World Cup 2010.....USA v England....

I certainly like America's chances compared to what they were up against in past world cup's. As for the Winner of the whole thing, I Have always cheered on Netherlands and Costa Rica and i dont even know if they are in the Cup this year.
  8. swellington

Kreta Review

But all that you mentioned doesnt eliminate the "gamey" qualities you get when playing the last turn of a "scenario" ( all out for the VP forget tactics and reality). Where in a "real" CG you have to worry about your troops for the next CG day and every hex counts, not the magical reset your...
  9. swellington

Kreta Review

the counters are good, really really shiny and all, but my set atleast is very poorly die cut.
  10. swellington

Kreta Review

I also agree if your into this battle or into scenarios this product is great, production quality exceeding most others.
  11. swellington

Kreta Review

it truely is a deal breaker, and of course the scenarios are quality, but i have more scenarios than i need, i dont have as many true CG's as i would like, so playing the scenarios is an option im not close minded about them just because they came with a module i was only slighty disappointed...
  12. swellington

Kreta Review

I could try, but since its not my job as a customer to design my own games i rely on others, and almost all the time im more than satisfied with the jobs done by designers. But i will continue to do my job as a customer and buy games i like and think are worth it, sorry for not being a mindless...
  13. swellington

Kreta Review

linked scenarios vs. real CG :mad: this sucks and always will, if it becomes the standard good luck with sales. I own this module, but after seeing that it doesnt have a real CG, it wont get played and only serves to satisfy the completist in me.
  14. swellington

I still just do World in Flames other than ASL for board games. Just got my Russians slaughtered in a 1942 Barbarossa campaign, i took over as Russia for a player who bailed out, i was facing axis freindly Turkish border,Finland,Rumania,Japan (in the east),axis conquered Persia, and a Pro axis...
  15. swellington

What did you watch this weekend?

Darn, didnt think of AMC or TMC but i did tune to Spike TV & History Channel at 4pm and neither had a war movie on , i was outraged needless to say and i almost honestly got online and emailed them my feelings, memorial day-"the guy channel" & the "history channel" arent playing war movies what...