Recent content by sunoftzu

1. sunoftzu

VASL Map Online Problem/Suggestion Form

Bruce and Hongkongwargamer, no. The problem is that when viewing a decent portion of any Deluxe map, the pieces in relation become tiny. I don't find that to be a very enjoyable or convenient scale. The choices are to have a tiny portion of the map, or tiny pieces. I don't dig tiny...... John.
  2. sunoftzu

Could we have normal sized VASL boards once again ? A few years back, there were regular sized VASL boards. I find the current VASL boards so big, that when zooming out to visualize the map, the counters become tiny. Considering that stacking isn't a major issue in VASL, it really doesn't make...
  3. sunoftzu

Board 25 has a number of bugs. 1/ It cannot revert to ETO colors. 2/ It cannot be affected by Ground/Deep Snow. 3/ When converting to Broken Ground, some of the Crag hexes do not change (especially those on the hill). Please help. Thanks. John.
  4. sunoftzu

CDG2 errata?

".... South Of The River ...." Am about to play ASL-236 "In Rommel's Wake". The setup instructions for the French are "....south of the river....". How about the small peninsular that runs from 7C8 to 7H8 ? Is that considered to be 'south of the river' or not ? Cheers. John.
  5. sunoftzu

VASL Night League Round One Matchups

Paul and I concluded our game of G-23 "Habbaniaya Heights" this evening (for me, morning for him). At the start of British turn 6, it was still looking like the Iraqis had by far the upper hand. But there were opportunities to be had for the British. Unfortunately for me, the dice were quite...
  6. sunoftzu

3 turns completed in G-023 "Habbaniya Heights". My Brits made a ghastly start by having BOTH minus leaders wounded in the first fire phase, which really messes up one of the few edges the British have. However, my Brits continued boldly (kind of - if you consider AMing adjacent at night...
  7. sunoftzu

VASL Desert League Round 1 Matchups

Got 3 turns of ASL-038 "Escape From Derna" done this morning. I have found a way through the escarpment face for the vehicles, so as to avoid the (shellhole) Bog hex, which is most unfavorable to the wheeled vehicles. However, 2 of my A-13 Mk IIs have been knocked out. But 1 AC has been wrecked...
  8. sunoftzu

‘Best’ large scenario?

Wow, I'm actually playing 4 of those at the moment !!!!
  9. sunoftzu

VASL PTO League 2019 1st Round Matchups

Will and I concluded our game of BFP-037 "Debacle At Yeang Dang" this morning (his evening). The French needed to control at least one of the VC buildings to have any chance of victory, and for a while there was a reasonable chance of that happening. But by the time the Thais had overcome that...
  10. sunoftzu

VASL PTO League 2019 1st Round Matchups

5 turns of BFP-037 "Debacle AT Yeang Dang" completed. The Thai heavy (ish) weapons have taken a toll on the French advancing through the light jungle. The French still have a bit to do, the Thais have to be feeling optimistic right now. But the AA trucks (24 exit VP worth) could well tip the...
  11. sunoftzu

SL Scenarios for Bruneval and/or Vaagso Conversions?

G-027 is one of my favorite scenarios. But as is often the case with scenarios using special rules, there are a number of bugs with it. What time do you guys play on VASL ? I'd love to drop by and see. John.
  12. sunoftzu

"Yanks" reprint?

I would think that you could add "Rising Sun" to that list, too.
  13. sunoftzu

VASL Desert League Round 1 Matchups

Hi Carl, Larry and I have agreed to play ASL-038 "Escape From Derna". I am playing the attacking (escaping) British, whilst Larry is playing the defending Germans. British balance is in effect. John.
  14. sunoftzu

Hi Carl, Paul and I have agreed to play G-023 "Habbaniya Heights" . Paul has the defending Iraqis (Axis Minor), whilst I have the attacking British. British balance is in effect. John.
  15. sunoftzu

Croix de Guerre Second Edition now available for preorder.

Boards 43 and 44 ? Board 44 comes with DB. Boards 42 and 43 would have made a lot more sense.