Recent content by sunoftzu

1. sunoftzu

Fanatic tags on Japanese units show when concealed.

Title says it all, really.. John.
  2. sunoftzu

Battle of Singling video

For those whom remember the Singling Campaign Game that came in Operations Special Edition #1 (Summer '08), here's a video that you might enjoy :
  3. sunoftzu

War Stories: Tell your tales from the ASL battlefield

In one of my KGP CG-1 CGs, a falling rubble domino effect rubbled all but 1 location of the sanitorium..... (by then, we were used to the sanitorium being a usual 19PM target for German OBA, so there wasn't anyone inside) John.
  4. sunoftzu

Mines in a Wire hex. Which goes first ?

When you have mines in a wire hex and a vehicle enters, which is conducted first ? The Bog DR ? The mine attacks ? It matters because a FT AFV could remove the wire (with a clr 1 Bog DR). Anyone got any clues on this one ? John.
  5. sunoftzu

VASL PTO League 2019 1st Round Matchups

Hi Carl, Kevin and I finished off our scenario of BFP-032 "Slaughter At Nanyuan". I tried attacking down the east flank, and initially had my infantry on a good time schedule. But when engaging the Chinese squads, I just couldn't get them to break (and being handily outnumbered, CC is not an...
  6. sunoftzu

VASL Night League Round One Matchups

Randy Rossi and I have agreed to play AP-039 "Old Hickory". Randy will be playing the defending Americans, I will be playing the attacking Germans. Partial American balance will be in effect (NVR increased from 2 to 3, instead of 4). John.
  7. sunoftzu

Sugarloaf Hill Playtesting Underway!!!

Okay, so with WP, the gun survives. What about the manning infantry ?
  8. sunoftzu

C11.4 (last sentence) "A CH automatically destroys both the Gun and its manning infantry".
  9. sunoftzu

VASL Desert League Round 1 Matchups

Hi Carl, Pierce and I have agreed to play FT-235 "Once More Unto The Breach". Pierce has the attacking Italians/Germans, whilst I have the defending British. No balance is in effect. John.
  10. sunoftzu

HI Carl, Kevin and I have agreed to play BFP-032 "Slaughter At Nanyuan". Kevin is playing the defending (KMT) Chinese, whilst I am playing the attacking Japanese. No balance in effect. John.
  11. sunoftzu

Hi Carl, Was due to play (vs John Bock) tonight, but John tells me that his schedule won't work for him right now and has conceded to me. So I'm all loaded up with no place to go. Would have liked to have played this one, but these thing happen. Hopefully I'll get a crack at this one...
  12. sunoftzu

VASL Night League Round One Matchups

Howdy Carl, Aaron and I finished our game of AP-120 "Kingston Of The Hill" this evening. I enjoyed playing this scenario a lot. Never mind the enemy, my plan didn't survive contact with the map !!! In turns 2-4, I had a considerably high number of Cloakers straying. Some stacks even strayed...
  13. sunoftzu

Finished BD-02 with Jon last weekend. My initial impression of this scenario from a USMC POV was sheer terror !!! Having to advance a long way in open ground vs 2 '-1' leaders, and a ton of SW ROF. Any ROF tear would likely result in a massacre. For the first two turns, the USMC took it real...
  14. sunoftzu

ASL-132 "Hill 253.5" (John vs Robin)

ASL-132 “Hill 253.5” (John vs Robin) Last Friday (6/21), Robin and I finished our VASL game of ASL-132 “Hill 253.5”. Completion of this scenario now means that Robin has completed ALL the scenarios of ASL Module 1 Beyond Valor, which is an impressive and rare achievement out here in the...
  15. sunoftzu

VASL Desert League Round 1 Matchups

In our game of ASL-039 "Turning The Tables", Kevin's Germans had no difficulty blowing my British off the map. It's true I didn't enjoy the best of luck with the dice, but the real elephant in the room is that there really is no answer to the 10-2 led deathstar, which can just blow away nearly...