Recent content by suchey

1. S

OK, I gave it my best shot...

I suggest that anyone who likes CoD, but craves more realism, tactical play, and doesn't necessarily like the "quake in WWII" feel of it to check out Red Orchestra . If you were impressed with the graphics in CoD, then all I can say is RO will make your head explode and you will soil your...
  2. S

Red Orchestra--anyone play it?

oooops...the thread is here if your interested: http://www.digitalgrenade.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=news;action=display;num=1099881080
  3. S

There is now an entire site dedicated to user made RO maps: http://www.hl2stats.org/nuke/index.php This may help the boredom of running through the same maps over and over again. Also, I know that there will be some new ones in this next release. If I do indeed gain enough feedback in my...
  4. S

OUCH! Sorry to hear about the drive crash! Your post reminded me to mention that the mod is primarily multiplayer. Single play is available, but the bots are rather stupid in single play and some animations don't work properly in the single play portion. I'm not sure if this has been...
  5. S

I just saw the teaser video for Red Orchestra v3.1 and was wondering if anyone around here play this mod? I played in the previous release, but got side tracked with other titles for a while. I am considering putting a server up for it, but am trying to gage interest for the mod before I...
  6. S

Men of Valor Demo

The reviews don't seem too positive for the game. I didn't find either demo to be very good either. The AI is rather goofy, and the multiplayer feels like a console port. :nervous: I was looking forward to this game, but it just didn't live up to expectations for me. :cry:
  7. S

Why is World War Two still so popular?

Theres a good article over at FiringSquad that takes a look at this very question. http://www.firingsquad.com/features/why_world_war_2/
  8. S

Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault

I don't play any single player games at all...so I would be interested most in the multiplayer aspects. That being said...I tried the MoH: Pacific Assault multiplay demo and was completely dissapointed with it. I think I'll skip this one. :cry:
  9. S

Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault

Anyone looking at picking up this title? I'd be interested to hear some oppinions on what has been released as far as info for it. I never played any of the previous MoH titles so I have no base of reference for them.
  10. S

A New Naval Sim

I read that the planes will be "borrowed" from IL-S...I wonder if they will also be flyable? Multiplay also sounds like fun! Having a boat fully manned with friends could be kick ass!
  11. S

Coolest PC Game

Operation Flashpoint...hands down. The modding community really took hold and made that game shine. The fact that it was among the first titles to allow for a nice injection of realism in the tactical shooter/vehicle genre of games made it a huge winner in my book.
  12. S

Matrix Says You Can't Sell Your Downloaded Games!

It kinda sucks, but I can see their point to some extent. On the other side of the coin, distribution of a game you have via hard copy and one you download isn't much different outside of the capabilities of a CD check on hard copy, so I'm not quite sure exactly what they gain by having a...
  13. S

Superpower 2

Anyone have any insight as to the multiplay capabilities and how a multiplay game actually plays out in this game?
  14. S

Best War Game?

I'd say Operation Flashpoint is the best FPS battle field simulator to date. I'm actually a bit surprised that there haven't been many real "copy cat" games of this title yet. OFP2 should be good, but its a loooooooong way off. They should have just dropped the whole OFP XBox port and...
  15. S

Name That Video Game! 3

If I'm not mistaken, a member or 2 from BAS was also picked up by BIS. I'm not 100% certain of this, but I'm pretty sure.