Recent content by Subfeeder

1. Subfeeder

Homemade SASL Charts

Whilst we are sharing stuff, here are my 2 sheets of Quick Reference and a Mission Tracker for SASL. Should be about everything you need in the Quick Ref sheets. The Mission tracker may be a bit controversial as I've left out some stuff that I don't really use. Lots of people doing lots of...
  2. Subfeeder

SASL 2 missions and tables

Sorry
  3. Subfeeder

VPO Location for Boards 48-51

These were in SASL 2nd Edition: Board dr:1 2 3 4 5 6 48 B4 I2 P4 R5 X2 Z9 49 E8 H3 P6 W9 Y3 DD8 50 C5 I8 M5 T5 X6 EE5 51 B2 H4 P6 T2 Z8 EE2 I hope this does not infringe any copyright - if it does very sorry and please remove. All the best
  4. Subfeeder

Playing the SASL system against itself

Apologies if this has been covered before. How would the SASL cope with the system playing both sides in a Mission? Some changes would have to be made to an existing mission (or a new mission invented) but I'm interested to see if it would work. For example, Mission 1 Cautious Advance, you could...
  5. Subfeeder

Enemy Vehicle Movement Question

Thanks Scott. I did see that but the wording is somewhat ambiguous as it only mentions an ENEMY unit only able to exit on the FBE. The first exception to 9.4 ("a S? in Advance Attitude moves towards (and attempts to exit off) the opposite board edge from the edge it entered") kind or implies...
  6. Subfeeder

Enemy Vehicle Movement Question

Hi all, I am playing my 3rd attempt at Cautious Advance and the German enemy has generated 2 PSW222 Armoured Cars. One of them got Movement Order A4c, DR 8 - "If Known Target exists, see Move Command 5-6. If no Known Target exists, move towards the FBE, expending double normal MP cost for each...
  7. Subfeeder

Random Direction Movement - ENEMY wandering aimlessly?

Yes, that is a reasonable way to justify this. I suppose I should expect some randomness from an AI enemy - the sort of actions you see in computer games and accept as a byproduct of machine AI.
  8. Subfeeder

Ah yes - I see now. I missed the application of Assault Movement to all the parts of the hierarchy in DR5 on A3a. Thanks for pointing that out.
  9. Subfeeder

Hello all. I have just acquired SASL 2nd Ed. by fantastic deal and am enjoying getting back into it (I bought the 1st Ed. when it was first released in the 90s). I played the first mission - Cautious Advance, where the ENEMY is in hold attitude. The random direction hex rosette in hold attitude...