Recent content by stuh42asl

1. stuh42asl

Tunnel for Hall 4 Red October Factory

I realize this item as not put on the map, but a documentary about the fight for hall 4 made mention of an tunnel running from Hall 4 to the finger gully. This allowed the Russians to get reinforcements to the hall without being seen or interdicted. So maybe this should have been placed on the...
  2. stuh42asl

Red October Campaign Game II

I realize this item as not put on the map, but a documentary about the fight for hall 4 made mention of an tunnel running from Hall 4 to the finger gully. This allowed the Russians to get reinforcements to the hall without being seen or interdicted. So maybe this should have been placed on the...
  3. stuh42asl

RF: X-Tag

On the RO map is the tunnel marked that runs from the finger gulley to the Hall 4. In the documentary the tunnel was the way the re-inforcements travelled from the Volga(45TH Division)?
  4. stuh42asl

Red October CG I: X-TAG (2019 AAR)

Awesome documentary, so question arises: knowing that the Russians have a manpower shortage issue. is it wise to engage the Germans so far from the factory as I have seen, some players do. It seems wasting the troops holding buildings that can be isolated is not the correct use of the...
  5. stuh42asl

X - Tag as ( me) the R

I have started X-TAG myself, I pulled the Russian squads close to the rail embankments and the factories. I do not want those troops being cutoff and isolated. The Germans have a lot of armor, so my plan is to make the factories absolute hell for the Germans. Hall 4 is heavily manned with my...
  6. stuh42asl

Red Factories CPP Poll

I have played many CG's so far, I like to pool the single CPP's , why you ask......I learned to treat them as a reserve especially if you do not know how many points you get each refit phase. Playing Festung Budapest many times the saved CPP were a blessing for the Axis side. I look at it this...
  7. stuh42asl

Strategic considerations for placing rubble..

In Ortona the Germans used rubble to block and force Canadian tanks into kill zones, also is a good place to put a hidden HMG crew and a 9-2 to get those fire lanes going. Also forces troops to go through difficult terrain.
  8. stuh42asl

I hope there is substantial troop hidden in halls 3 and 4. If the German infantry get into Hall 4 the Russians are done. The Russians on the left flank are close to being encircled. The raised rail line will be a good obstacle though
  9. stuh42asl

I think starting to close to the hex row c means that the German player can bypass and surround each company. The armor can move around each group. I am going to deploy my russians closer to the factories and put the 6-2-8 company into hall 3 and 4. Keeping the lines closer together means...
  10. stuh42asl

What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

Got Starter Kit 4 yesterday from Chris and Helen at Battleschool!!
  11. stuh42asl

Crews for MGs and Light Mortars

Realistically , most heavy support weapons have a dedicated crew, with platoon members carrying the extra ammo for the support weapons. So I always include a crew for each support weapon, even a PSK , ATR, Bazooka have dedicated teams.
  12. stuh42asl

New RB & RO Maps...when we gonna get them? Crack the whip on them map elves!!! :-)

At least we have something to start with. Just laying out the starting OB for CG 1 for RO. If the map works then use it I say!!!!
  13. stuh42asl

Removing (a bit of) luck from ASL

Like life.............nothing is predicatable, So combat is the same, unpredicatable. It is proven elite troop break and run due to some unforseen event , while the greenest of troops hold out against insurmountable odds. Or your well maintained HMG may suffer from a jam due to faulty round just...
  14. stuh42asl

Shrubbery Rules Anyone?

And watch put for the Black Knight wanting to duel with you to pass over the bridge.........you might just get a "flesh wound or two"...........what this is nothing but a flesh wound..............now get back here and I will bite your knee caps off..............
  15. stuh42asl

Red Factories miscellaneous stuff

Yes experienced a 155mm round from friendly artillery dropped short near a position we were using for field training........I stil have a nice 12"long corkscrew piece of steel that took out two 6 inch pine trees near my trench..........I will never forget that. Anyone ever says.......sure being...