Recent content by stuh42asl

1. stuh42asl

In your experience what is the most prolific tank killer in ASL?

I like the Shturmovik as well. Those aircraft mauled the Germans at Kursk.
  2. stuh42asl

Mtr fire against unknown unit

I fire at empty hexes with mortars to deny my opponent areas they can hide in or move thru. Works well in RB/RO for the Russians. I have held off an entire german company with two 81mm and 3 50mm mortars. Put all five in a row each with a -2 Area aquisition especially open ground and then try...
  3. stuh42asl

Next Pocket Edition Rulebook Pre-requisites?

I have both the rulebook and pocket book. For the most part to save money now, I just use the main rule book.Cost matters in this day and age of COVID and I suspect cash flow will decrease even more...it really sucks.
  4. stuh42asl

Double ASL'ers?

Will need it soon, hearing is going quick for me.
  5. stuh42asl

How to become better at using AFVs in ASL?

Yup Hitler was the allies best secret weapon, Different story though if he had not interfered with his Generals. I think D-Day would have been a disaster if the SS divisions were sent to the coast asap, rather than being left in situe. That is what Rommel recommended not allow the Allies to get...
  6. stuh42asl

That is why my tanks are behind my line of infantry, especially if my opponent has tanks.. 9 times out of 10, my tanks have a supporting squad in hex or near it, and I use combined arms. A tank in built up terrain is dead without infantry support, and an assault gun is just a soon to be pillbox...
  7. stuh42asl

Also I remember it also gets a bonus for range of 1-3 hexes as well. I think on the AP tp kill it has a modifier of +2 to it's to kill as well = 8 , but NRBH right now. Also Tigers did not have Schurzen, and if I remember correctly the rear armor on a Tiger is less than 8, will check though on...
  8. stuh42asl

Same for the Shermans.....the gyro was rarely used, and most gunners preferred the regular aim and shoot method. So in ASL a gyro really should be an optional piece of equipment, but to me I would take the T-34/M43 or T-34/85 anytime. Reasons are ease of maintenance, low ground pressure, smaller...
  9. stuh42asl

Hey just my opinion....played ASL since 1984-5 so my points stand because it is my experience and research..BTW an ATR can disable a Tiger by knocking it's tracks off. remember a tanks worst Hull AF applies... and historically why do you think the Russians used massed ATR versus tigers....read...
  10. stuh42asl

The BT were designed to have the tracks removed, the road wheels were powered( welcome to the Christie designed tanks).It improved track life, allowed for improved road movement. Was never really used, to bad though, would allow the tank to travel a lot farther as well.
  11. stuh42asl

Part Deux 1) Soviet Tanks. Okay depending on the year they are either a dominant factor or not. In 1941 they have fragile transmissions, but nothing the german's have save the Flak 18(88mm) will knock it out. Also the German infantry do not have PF I say again do not have PF so a T-34 platoon...
  12. stuh42asl

Assault guns are not tanks, they do not have a turret, and most of the time, have lousy mg support. Do not use them like a tank, they are best used to support an infantry assault, keep them behind the infantry line, and keep a squad or two close by for support. German tank destroyers, are like...
  13. stuh42asl

In your experience what is the most prolific tank killer in ASL?

I would have to say, the 88mm AA and AT Gun, especially in North Africa. They claimed many many British and American tanks. if dug in they could pick off allied tanks at almost their max range. In France, they won the battle at Sedan ,by mauling the French and Britsh armor
  14. stuh42asl

D-Day 76 years past

Yes Jim Doohan came from Vancouver , British Columbia, and William Shatner came from Montreal, Quebec. Our Canadian contribution to an awesome series..