Recent content by Steven Pleva

1. Steven Pleva

AAR - Beasts At Baruth - DB140

This scenario gets two thumbs up from this reptile. I created a tournament modification to the random German AFV draws. It is designed to give the Germans one good AFV and one lesser AFV in their two initial draws. In addition, one could bid a number of labor counters the Germans would start the...
  2. Steven Pleva

It delivers the goods: scenario prerequisites

Toys, Options, New! Toys: I want cool stuff to play with. Usually this means AFVs, but FrF's "Riders on the Storm" has the Germans attacking with wagons. Options: Not a fan of scripted scenarios. I like more than one path to victory for both sides. New: A situation this is unique or units used...
  3. Steven Pleva

ASLOK in Person Cancelled - VASL Only for 2020

I think it was "Cap'n Taco". Thank God I survived those years. My body can't take that level of abuse anymore... Steve
  4. Steven Pleva

A25.33 American OBA Draw Pile for Scarce Ammunition

Whoa! This is the internet. You guys aren't allowed to agree... Steve
  5. Steven Pleva

2009 was the first release of the Heretical SSRs... Steve
  6. Steven Pleva

Even an eight turn scenario is unlikely to see more than 3 fire missions unless you have an offboard observer. The math works reasonably well for the vast majority of scenarios. For the record, I am happy to use my rule whether I am the OBA player or playing the other side. The biggest thing is...
  7. Steven Pleva

This is a very clean way to handle OBA. It limits you to 3 modules, but rarely do you get to call down more than that. Hatten in Flames is a good product. The scenarios are strong. Two thumbs up... Steve
  8. Steven Pleva

You are missing one very important aspect. Once you draw two red cards with the standard rules your chances plummet to zero forever. That is the great equalizer. For 6 draws the average number of fire missions with the standard rules (5B/2R) is 3.33. For my rules it is 3.18. However, the chances...
  9. Steven Pleva

Me too. This should be good... :unsure: Steve
  10. Steven Pleva

Indy, I agree with you. That is why I used the word "implied" in my post. As a TD, when I have to rule on a question during a tournament, I don't have the luxury of having a lengthy philosophical discussion. I have to take the information I have and rule in real time. I try for the most...
  11. Steven Pleva

J19 Merzenhausen Zoo (Pre game NTC ?)

Perhaps the intent is that a stack without an infantry unit has to take a NTC so there is no way to gain knowledge about what is real just by whether a stack took a NTC or not... Steve
  12. Steven Pleva

J19 Merzenhausen Zoo (Pre game NTC ?)

I think the term "Dummy Stack" implies that the entire stack has to be dummies. Therefore, if there is a real unit it is not a Dummy Stack. There are dummy counters on top of the real unit. I would play that the 8-0 takes the NTC while the rest of the stack does not take a NTC. I would hope that...
  13. Steven Pleva

Illuminating Rounds: Episode 14: Once More Unto The Breach

In this scenario is the Offboard Observer really on the North edge? Or should that be the West edge? Thanks, Steve
  14. Steven Pleva

Pandemic delays printing2

And they call me the heretic! Steve
  15. Steven Pleva

A few quiet words...

Haven't been on GS much in the last month or so. What did I miss? :) Steve