2. Steven Pleva

ASLOK XXXV

Looking forward to this pack! Steve
  3. Steven Pleva

Leader location in a stack

That's how I play as well. Most guys I've played do the same thing... Steve
  4. Steven Pleva

Not perfect, but it worked for us. Now I write it down and try to remember the AFV ID with some sort of mnemonic. Usually works... Steve
  5. Steven Pleva

When we first started playing we would write the armor leader lightly in pencil on the back of the counter. Made it easier to remember and easy to erase at the end of the scenario... Steve
  6. Steven Pleva

It's a simple standard. There are game reasons to put the leaders somewhere other than the top of the stack. All players do this. However, if you are trying to "hide leaders in plain sight" then I think this is counter productive. Others disagree. I can live with that... Steve
  7. Steven Pleva

Just because something is not in the rules doesn't mean it is the right thing to do. For me, it comes down to a matter of politeness. For example, if someone had a dice rolling apparatus that where their opponent could not easily see the dice, that would be rude in my opinion. There is no rule...
  8. Steven Pleva

I'm supposed to take meds? When did you become my doctor?
  9. Steven Pleva

A reasonable decision. I didn't know that was possible until this happened... Steve
  10. Steven Pleva

Somebody else started the thread. I'm assuming one of the moderators... Steve
  11. Steven Pleva

I don't work in marketing... :) Steve
  12. Steven Pleva

This thread seems over the top. If you want to try and hide your leaders at the bottom of your stacks, knock yourself out. The net result will be that the game slows down as I will have to ask more often what is in the stack. I fail to see how this serves either player... Steve
  13. Steven Pleva

No rule, just poor etiquette that tends to slow the game down. Go ahead and hide your leaders and make your opponent pour through the stacks that he can see. Neither you nor your opponent are going to benefit from such behavior... Steve
  14. Steven Pleva

What is the ASL-related New Year's Resolution you wish OTHER people would adopt?

After set up when both sides know where most pieces are guys still try to hide their leaders at the bottom of the stack while the stack is in clear LOS of the enemy. This is a bush league play that just slows the game down... Steve
  15. Steven Pleva

After set up when both sides know where most pieces are guys still try to hide their leaders at the bottom of the stack while the stack is in clear LOS of the enemy. This is a bush league play that just slows the game down... Steve