Recent content by Steven Linton

1. Steven Linton

Philippe Briaux is still hospitalized in Cleveland

Nothing so exciting: broke one on an in-flight mint - sheered the entire face off it and exposed the nerve. That was fun. I think I did the other one on a steak bone at Damon's years ago. Ended up at the same dentist both times.
  2. Steven Linton

Philippe Briaux is still hospitalized in Cleveland

I had intended to come on with a pithy comment about how much tougher it was in my days at ASLOK, when I played on through multiple broken teeth (twice!), but on reading of Philippe's injuries I will retreat to my virtual box and simply add my wishes for his speedy recovery. And no, I have no...
  3. Steven Linton

I don't like cricket...

I would think they would be relatively satisfied with the last two days as well.
  4. Steven Linton

I don't like cricket...

In my experience, it is best to let the chickens hatch first. And while i had to work through it all, I understand he bowled well. But at his point, england are 8 down and 200 behind: if that's the tradeoff, I don't mind if Broad takes 5 in every innings.
  5. Steven Linton

The Mila 18 NoNsEnSe thread - Part 4

You keep track of that? Good god, have you no life? Steve "still holder of the record for the longest streak of consecutive posts" Linton
  6. Steven Linton

I don't like cricket...

Well he certainly made me laugh. Almost as much as Mr Warner. Don't know what side of the bed you and Trev got out of this morning, but sheesh! And as for being magnanimous - I learnt all about that in West Meon in 1981 - at a pub called the Thomas Lord. An entire town of englishmen went out...
  7. Steven Linton

I don't like cricket...

Dear oh dear. Even when your team is winning you can't take a joke. Whatever. I'm off to watch the cricket..
  8. Steven Linton

I don't like cricket...

You keep right on telling yourself that Trev - you'd be 16 and "a few months" then would you?
  9. Steven Linton

I don't like cricket...

How soon they forget the never ending succession of sub-par English teams they sent forth over the years.... But good to see the DRS debacle evening out a bit though...
  10. Steven Linton

I don't like cricket...

Interesting. I thought it was Australia vs England. Who are these crims you speak of? It can't be England, because as Trev has pointed out they've played average at best - and if you were speaking of the Australian team, not one has a criminal record, and under the laws of the land would be...
  11. Steven Linton

Excuse me? :angry: Kenneally - if that's his real name - is a wanna-be when it comes to post-padding. If I remember correctly, the standing record for continuous posts on this thread - set back when it was a REAL thread, not just a poor man's wanking chariot - is well over 100 (and yes, I am...
  12. Steven Linton

I don't like cricket...

Re: Ahhh... Bliss! Oh dear. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. With all due respect, I think I shall refrain from asking Trev for help in any tipping competitions. http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan-v-england-2012/engine/current/match/531629.html
  13. Steven Linton

Hmm. Should this thread be renamed the pointless discussion of American football thread? Where are the semi-naked women for goodness sake!
  14. Steven Linton

That gives me an idea.... Perhaps you and Dorosh should play for the not playing ASL championship (or not play, as it were). Winner gets an all-expenses paid holiday to his own bathroom, loser has to wear a skirt for a week.
  15. Steven Linton

And 22,231 posts later, nothing changes.