Recent content by Stephen Frum

1. Stephen Frum

HazMo 7 Left Behind

At that point we ended the game. I had to go get my mother from the airport and Bob graciously let me depart on time. There are many ways to play this enjoyable scenario. One option in Soviet turn 4 would have been for the rare Armor Assault and Human Wave combo (D14.332). The KVs could...
  2. Stephen Frum

HazMo 7 Left Behind

Soviet turn 4 opened with solemn music, perhaps foretelling the rush of attack. The KVs on the hill blasted away against my concealed units spread over the hillside. The squads in 18G2 and 18H2 assaulted forward carefully, hoping to draw fire. Then Bob launched his Human Wave - 6.5 squads...
  3. Stephen Frum

Human Wave 7-9 July 2023

One week away - join us for some ASL fun-times.
  4. Stephen Frum

HazMo 7 Left Behind

German turn 3 found me returning to my shuffling/skulking ways - not giving him too many shots. He did break my LMG 467 in 18K1. I protected my 467 in 18K3 by having him drop down the hill to 18L2 for a moment (this was one of the moments with the Soviet MMG in 18O7 was out of commission)...
  5. Stephen Frum

HazMo 7 Left Behind

Soviet turn 3 featured Bob consolidating his forces just outside my front door while he continued to try to pound with the MAs from his KVs. The tank on the wrong side of the hill failed its radioless TC and so was out of the game for now. He moved two squads forward into 18H2 and 18G2 to get...
  6. Stephen Frum

HazMo 7 Left Behind

I can skulk with the best of them (I have no shame), but I was now presented with a little problem. Fall back too quickly (heck, it is only turn 2!) and Bob can easily climb that hill while his tanks move to the backside and keep me under fire. The stream is shallow and can easily be crossed...
  7. Stephen Frum

HazMo 7 Left Behind

Bob used his Soviet turn 2 to bring his hoard right up onto to the 18J2 hill at the "front door" of the victory condition mound. Using armored assault with one stack and lots of individual squads scurrying around, he was able to get almost 10 squads on or around the jump off hill. I took the pot...
  8. Stephen Frum

HazMo 7 Left Behind

During German turn 1 I used my least favorite phase (prep fire) to hit him on hill 18O7 with my Lt MTR, LMG, and MMG. Lucky rolls knocked back much of his force - disrupting the squad staffing the MMG, killing the 7-0, and breaking those responsible for the Lt MTR. My newly created HS spread...
  9. Stephen Frum

HazMo 7 Left Behind

Bob's turn 1 entry did not play along with my evil plans for slaughter in hexrows S and T. Instead he entered in the middle and on my right. I blasted away as I could at his folks as the moved up to the top of the level 1 hills. My 9-1 MMG meanies found the range in the 18C6 woods. The Lt...
  10. Stephen Frum

HazMo 7 Left Behind

Preparing for next month's Human Wave 2023 (details HERE), Bob S. and I had a fun playing of this gem from HazMo. The action takes place a few days into Barbarossa, my favorite time of war. German landsers, left behind, find themselves threatened by the 3rd Soviet mechanized corps. Ten...
  11. Stephen Frum

DC/MD/VA area players

You will find a DC/MD/VA opponent at this ASL gathering!
  12. Stephen Frum

Human Wave 7-9 July 2023

Just over two weeks until the start of this ASL gathering. You should attend
  13. Stephen Frum

Human Wave 7-9 July 2023

Hello Everyone, We are a few weeks away from Human Wave 2023 (7-9 July in Tysons Corner VA). Our scenario list is copied below (both as image and file). Message me if you want an excel version or if you have any questions. Registration: https://humanwaveconscripts.com/human-wave-2023/
  14. Stephen Frum

DC/MD/VA area players

Looking for ASL/SK in the greater Washington DC area? I encourage you to attend the friendly, welcoming, fun Human Wave ASL gathering July 7-9 in Tysons Corner. All levels of players welcome. Details: https://humanwaveconscripts.com/human-wave-2023/
  15. Stephen Frum

Human Wave 7-9 July 2023

ASLers! Please consider joining us for ASL fun in Tysons Corner VA, 7-9 July 2023. Details and registration https://humanwaveconscripts.com/human-wave-2023/ Scenario lists to be posted soon.