Recent content by Spencer Armstrong

1. Spencer Armstrong

Adventures in 3D Printing

I am interested!
  2. Spencer Armstrong

Chapter H ASL pocket book on the way

Yeah, they do it. Basically, industrial strength paper cutter just lops about 3/16" of glued pages off.
  3. Spencer Armstrong

DN4: Chateau de Meez

This is a fun scenario. Honus and I played it and I had some good luck at key moments with the French to just hold onto Z29 at the end for a win. Lots of interesting rules and interesting choices for both players. Second your recommendation.
  4. Spencer Armstrong

Two questions

Just called Advanced Squad Leader. Jackson (HongKongWargamer) set it up.
  5. Spencer Armstrong

Two questions

Yes, most games are prearranged. Very little use for the "LFG" marker. And if you want to find a game on short notice, still advisable to post here, Facebook, and/or Discord.
  6. Spencer Armstrong

Optional rules

No Agree on Interrogation (both parts). The other problem with BI is that mostly it just means once you start losing, you keep losing.
  7. Spencer Armstrong

ASLOK cancellation - Not One Step Back publication delayed to 2021

Enh. StuGs are a dime a dozen. That's rather the point. ;) I'll enjoy this whenever it lands.
  8. Spencer Armstrong

ASLOK cancellation - Not One Step Back publication delayed to 2021

Oh, no. And I've just run out of scenarios to play!
  9. Spencer Armstrong

Statistics Question

Good rule of thumb is more rolls with a negative modifier, bigger table with a positive modifier. Not ironclad, but a good starting place.
  10. Spencer Armstrong

Chapter H ASL pocket book on the way

Yep. My full ASRLB is nicely protected on the shelf in two 4" binders. It is reference only. My pocket is dog-eared and worn because its used every game. Its possibly the best $40 I've ever spent on ASL.
  11. Spencer Armstrong

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

Your 4-6-7s ate my 7-4-7s' lunch in A Belated Christmas at 5&6 hex range the first time we played. Never had to re-learn that lesson but have told others the story many times when teaching.
  12. Spencer Armstrong

Double ASL'ers?

I took it in high school, I even have a name-sign (the sign for turtle, but the "body" hand is the letter S), but I wouldn't say I know it.
  13. Spencer Armstrong

Dice Color in Beyond Valor?

Oh, one of mine had a purple too now that you mention. Might've been my 3rd Ed. I had precision by then and barely looked at those.
  14. Spencer Armstrong

Next Pocket Edition Rulebook Pre-requisites?

"I know it's on page BFP-2, but WHICH page BFP-2?!?!?"
  15. Spencer Armstrong

Next Pocket Edition Rulebook Pre-requisites?

Precisely the level of technical naming standard we'd expect from He Who Holds the Keys to the ASLRB. ;)