Recent content by Spencer Armstrong

1. Spencer Armstrong

Insuring your ASL collection

Along with computers, financial documents and our art collection, it is always driven by me when we move rather than being entrusted to movers, since so much of it is nigh irreplaceable. But never considered insuring it. Honestly, if I lost it all at this point, I might feel relief more than...
  2. Spencer Armstrong

Does the current sniper implementation actually improve the game?

One of several reasons it’s barely ASL. :P
  3. Spencer Armstrong

I won't argue any of that. Simulation-wise it makes sense. But game-wise, yuck.
  4. Spencer Armstrong

You misspelled ‘2.’ I more or less wont play any scenario with SAN 5 or higher. But I love Night. If that bothers anyone, please see Mr Wilde down in hobgoblins. ;)
  5. Spencer Armstrong

This sentence is the most abject bull in the entire rulebook: A side benefit of the rule in its present form is that it acts as a sort of balancing mechanism; the player getting the majority of the good DR is also likely to be subject to more Sniper attacks as a consequence. Suggesting that...
  6. Spencer Armstrong

Precision Dice

Look, somebody's gotta say it: If you're overstacked enough to need that many dice for random selection, you deserve the critical hit. ;)
  7. Spencer Armstrong

The Long March

Ritterkrieg and Gamer's Armory still have it here in the States. Both are top notch. S
  8. Spencer Armstrong

Fear of Commitment

This. I had quibbles with the old format, but this change seems to have no reason other than change itself.
  9. Spencer Armstrong

Unused obscure rules

Napalm availability is my personal fave.
  10. Spencer Armstrong

RH2 Operation Rype

More SSRs than squad equivalents. That's gotta be a record.
  11. Spencer Armstrong

Tournament Food Poll

Catering from Inversnecky Cafe seems to be the only real ASL meal option to me.
  12. Spencer Armstrong

What is the most unique CG you have played?

Someday we’ll find it, the hoser connection The maple, the hockey, Andy! (Sorry not sorry)
  13. Spencer Armstrong

The attacking Americans have very little infantry. Having to manage building control VC primarily with tanks (while actually doing it with infantry of course) is a unique tactical challenge.
  14. Spencer Armstrong

Singling. Limited sample admittedly.