Recent content by Sparky

1. Sparky

CH White Finn Counters

did you get both sets or just the winter set?
  2. Sparky

Judged by History

if you can get a formatted version of what you were trying to post Jim I'd love to read it. Anyhow.. who knows much resistance to that kind of change might generate. It could generate more support though than might be suspected. Millions of Republicans votes literally count for jack shit in...
  3. Sparky

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

what is interesting to see is just how divided we have become.. and suspect the likes of AOC and her leftist fire-breathing cohorts will be a much more common addition to Congress. That is where the party is going. and the most recent they've done.. likely showing the beginning the 'Trump...
  4. Sparky

The British European Referendum

hahaha and thanks. I just spit beer all over the monitor upon seeing that. It did need cleaning I suppose
  5. Sparky

CW ASL #4 At Will! Fire!

a big thank you and a damn you at the same time Danno for posting that. A wonderful AAR. Like some my first love was the ACW and I love gaming it out but had felt for board games it began and ended with the fabulous GCACW series and for computer games, which I have little time for general but...
  6. Sparky

Judged by History

aren't they in a way already... look no further than Virginia Jim.
  7. Sparky

Siege of Sevastopol? Brest-Litovsk? Warsaw? Battle of the Bulge?

^ that was modeled very well I thought in the Sevastopol HASL as was all the super heavy artillery in play there. Not in counter form of course but as special OBA. ROF was every 5 turns which pretty much torches anything in the hex it hits and with a blast range of 2 hexes out with obviously...
  8. Sparky

Judged by History

yeah the history books that our future generations will be reading of these years. Really amazing if one steps back and looks at things, which is of course part of the much larger problem this country has.. it didn't.. and hasn't. some of the chapters the next generations will find of...
  9. Sparky

Too early?

too early? ummm.. very interesting... and was only off by 2 E.V https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/451218-trump-predicted-to-lose-reelection-in-model-that-forecast-dem-takeover-of and that sure looks familiar haha and for the same reasons. Democrats will turn out big time in 2020 and there...
  10. Sparky

Democrats chicken out from climate change in the debates

oh man... do we want to turn this into a philosophical sociological psychiatric thread... politics is so much more fun.. and so much more simpler than parsing the human condition haha it's called being a human Don. Compounded by the fucking chromosomes that curse us as men. That is what we...
  11. Sparky

and umm.. was a debate topic... and not surprisingly 'she has a plan' for that as well 🤣 and it doesn't take a brain surgeon to know what that plan is in dealing with obstructionist McConnell... one of the few times she didn't come out and say what it is.. but she didn't have to. Those...
  12. Sparky

of course we should.. and for reasons that work. of course she has a plan for that... "Here's what I propose, start with a place where there is a real need. There is going to be a worldwide need for green technology, ways to clean up the air and the water. And we can be the ones to provide...
  13. Sparky

It takes a Nixon or a Trump to go to North Korea

lol.. Looks like Sarah Sanders picked a really good point to have jumped off the runaway train.... and you thought being refused service was bad.. pfff...
  14. Sparky

Great War ASL

interesting subject. I can't speak from any experience, I have next to no interest in WW1, nor any desire to invest precious playing time playing something.. I have next to no interest in. So I have no idea about the details but never really thought it was much of a stretch to take the...
  15. Sparky

Joe!

wasn't hard to see that coming from Biden.... so after a bit of digestion.. here is my cold take on what we saw over those two nights. overall winner - easily Kamala Harris overall loser - easily Joe Biden surprise riser - Julian Castro. Took himself from the bottom tier and put himself...