Recent content by Sparky

1. Sparky

Update on Desperation Morale Update

Of course there are. As alluded to earlier Mark. I think there is a good sized subset of the ASL playing world that probably doesn't care. All that really matters is if they are fun to play or not. The rest is pure fucking white noise man. Whether that means they are indeed playtested .. and...
  2. Sparky

Music: what are you Listening to now?

women's panties, monacles.. drum sticks... yeah makes sense. In a Captain Beefheart kind of way...
  3. Sparky

I've got an idea. Hear me out.

might explain the delay...
  4. Sparky

I've got an idea. Hear me out.

^nice ... but I think Mark would appreciate his copy coming via....
  5. Sparky

listening to at max volume and another nod to greatest still living drummers.. perhaps the most famous drum solo in rock music... and 2nd perhaps in recorded music only to Joe Morello's Take Five. His later 70's work after he left Santana was amazing but still this one set the bar for drum solos...
  6. Sparky

Undefeated Season

yeah that was something isn't it. Granted they didn't play a murderer's row of a scedule, wasn't one of their opponents the Chicago School of male tap dancers. even more impressive though than a single year ...from 1901 to 1905 the Michigan teams outscored their opponents by a combined score of...
  7. Sparky

Update on Desperation Morale Update

well done Mark. I do admire your dedication but I do feel you fret too much over 'the CH problem'. The reviews in a a large way are probably useless. Tapio and CH are the Trump of ASL you could say... divsive with a capital D and with few undecided. I suppose after 25 odd years CH has...
  8. Sparky

ASL: difficult to learn to play, easy to learn how to play well, and dying out

thanks for posting Dan. I watched that video and surprisingly considering its length it held my attention and was quite interesting regardling the state of the boardgaming industry. Never really considered it was in such heady oversaturated times. Sort of blows holes in the notions that todays...
  9. Sparky

that was a shame about Peart... always thought he was a tad bit overrated as a drummer (very one dimenional) but he had my immense respect as a person and surviving a double tragedy that might have destroyed many. I don't think I could have overcome such losses myself. going with the still us...
  10. Sparky

What was your "moment?"

interesting thread to read. I must be the babe of the SL playing generation. Unlike most it seems I wasn't immediately hooked by SL. Then againI was all of 10 years old when I first played it. Oh it was fun and enjoyed it as I did wargaming in general. A lot of fond memories associated with...
  11. Sparky

Are any of these CH products actually in print?

it was in the product desctiption .. for how long after it when up for sale.. .. who knows. It ain't there now..it was obviously removed.. but it was when it first up for sale. We talked of it over at the site... as far as the Greek thing.. it was actually a bit remarkable. Someone blew a tire...
  12. Sparky

Questions on CdG Counters

if you can keep track of 30 guns counters being moved on a large HASL battlefield around without them.. you get a genuflection as well...
  13. Sparky

Questions on CdG Counters

Sparky genuflects to your avatar man
  14. Sparky

Rarest Counter?

CH's Sevastopol... and while I dig what CH does on a creative level .. the way they are tinkering with the failure of Chapter C (small scenario) OBA in larger scale HASL is admireable.. and effective... I did take a pass on Aircraft leaders.. neat coutners though
  15. Sparky

Are any of these CH products actually in print?

lol... talk to hand man.. I mean the Leningrad CG.. or the poor Greeks in the Heraklion product (you surely must have read how someone tore Tapio a new asshole for that omission 🤣). Sure CH will often add items, but do ocassionally miss the boat on things the product desrcptions say they...