1. soggycrow

"Temporarily Out of Stock" versus "Out of Print"

It mean you don’t can’t get it.
  2. soggycrow

Books: What are you currently reading?

My uncle collected books like these.
  3. soggycrow

Books: What are you currently reading?

Generations have read this so that you don't have to. But if you have new insights let us know.
  4. soggycrow

Anything to do in Cleveland in October?

Sokolowski's University Inn. Best Polish food on earth.
  5. soggycrow

Cool Physics stuff thread

Standing waves.
  6. soggycrow

Rogue One

I read that it was just a politically correct Hollywood space opera. And in the previews Felicity Jones has clothes on. What's with that.
  7. soggycrow

Red Factories/Red October Up For Preorder!

Well, you could game the Mamaev Kurgan, but what's the point?
  8. soggycrow

Sounds plausible. I wonder if Lazur is included.
  9. soggycrow

I ordered one. Somewhere around 225. One thing puzzles me. The cover art features the Barmaley fountain. The statues of the children and crocodiles. But I thought that was further south near the railroad station. Is the map of the New RO portion really that big?
  10. soggycrow

Music: what are you Listening to now?

I don't listen to rock music or anything that resembles it because it has all been done. There has been nothing innovative since maybe the nineties. Perhaps earlier. Wait. There's a band called Ben Folds Five that makes some good music, if they exist anymore.
  11. soggycrow

I think we are seeing the last of the Olympic games

In general, most Olympics have been modeled on the 1936 Nazi Olympics.
  12. soggycrow

Favorite summer olympic events?

I like shapely women as well as so many of you do, but there really isn't a sports-related reason why so many chick athletes are decked out for my entertainment. How can anyone possibly take women's beach volleyball seriously? And what channel is that on, anyway? The next thing will be mud...
  13. soggycrow

I think we are seeing the last of the Olympic games

I heard a story on the radio about how host countries are addressing this. E.g. one of the indoor arenas in Rio will provide raw materials for 4 elementary schools. They've got plans for how to chop down an 80,000 seat stadium to 20,000 sets after an Olympics. No more of those giant stadiums...
  14. soggycrow

Favorite summer olympic events?

Athletics - aka track and field.
  15. soggycrow

Game of Thrones is so overrated

I would add this to my list of famous tv shows I have never watched (like Seinfeld and Friends) but it's still running. Let me know when it's done so it's safe.