Recent content by sneo

1. sneo

Vasl maps

i found running VASSAL as admin solves this issue.
  2. sneo

Madmen Cometh, July 26-28 2019, Singapore

please pack for hot weather (28-32 Celsius) for tours. also, we have a tendency to have airconditioners going at around 20-23 Celsius. see you all in July.
  3. sneo

God I'm so confused - Printing boards from VASL....

let me know which maps you require as I have a workflow of getting the right files out and processing these in photshop each time theres a new map released. i have these in pdf for full board and half board.
  4. sneo

Madmen Cometh, July 26-28 2019, Singapore

Hi folks, some suggestions from a local for people travelling to SG. Folks who want a good budget hotel near train station should look for hotels near Farrer MRT station (The Claremont) or Paya Lebar MRT station (Zen Hotel Geylang, Aqueen Hotel Paya Lebar). Unfortunately most hotels are near...
  5. sneo

(Location Vote) Asia Pacific ASL Open 2018

I wasn't implying they don't speak English nor was I implying they don't play with other regional players. I was stating that English is the de facto language used and hidden groups of both Japanese and Chinese probably need to account for this. The existing Chinese base is by no means 'hidden'...
  6. sneo

thank you folks for the hard work in organising the 2018 ASL APac tourney.
  7. sneo

I joined MustAttack and Velonica War College slightly more than a year ago, I can see the activity of the Japanese and Chinese ASL groups. The main issue is most likely communication. The de facto language is English, which, most players use. Learning Nihongo or Mandarin Chinese to effectively...
  8. sneo

Operation : Schmidt

I only have around 70ish 467. and that is me missing OVHS and SK2.
  9. sneo

Pacific SKASL ?

SK is an easier way to attract new players into the game. on my side of the world (the PTO side), folks who play BattleTech with ease took a look at my rulebook and said, 'no way I can get used to that'. open up a SK rulebook for them, and one guy said, 'now this is not that hard to digest...
  10. sneo

The ASL Light Bulb is Getting Brighter

I guess fewer younger generation turn to using forums nowadays as compared to 5 to 10 years back. social media is much more easier to access with the growing number of mobile devices. its not particularly enjoyable to surf GS or even CSM on a mobile device as compared to Facebook. personally, I...
  11. sneo

not sure about Siem Reap or Manila, but Tokyo, Hong Kong and Singapore as well as Melbourne and Sydney are the major transit hubs. getting a hotel on the other hand, is a different question. Locally in Singapore, the tabletop gaming club that APac ASL Tourney was held in 2014 is open to hosting...
  12. sneo

I would not worry too much on the differentiation as we are mostly Han Chinese by race. if differentiation is required, we do so by labeling one as either China Chinese (Zhen Wang), Hong Konger (Jack) or Singaporean Chinese (myself). of course, there is Singlish way of labeling but it may sound...
  13. sneo

Who was your mentor(s)?

1st mentor: George Bates. keeps me on my toes, got me to ask the why/when/how/who after every game. 2nd mentor: John Knowles. very patient, explains in detail and overall a great teacher. 3rd mentor: Will Fleming. he probably didn't know he is my mentor but I enjoyed learning and playing with...
  14. sneo

Who is the BPUT?

I started ASL with Mr Bates as my first mentor 6 years ago when I was 31. I had bouts of inactivity for two to three years in between due to other commitments.