Recent content by Smedley

1. S

BoF 16 Saluting a General - The Redux

I just finished playing this last week. My Germans managed to knock out all the Russian tanks while losing half of the Panzers. The game came down to the last push falling just short as my 8-1 leader couldn't roll snakes in CC. I think the scenario is a hoot. Might be a touch pro-Russian, but...
  2. S

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

Played a couple of scenarios from the Yankee ASL Nor'easter Pack 2. Seemed like the thing to do since I was participating in the Nor'easter Tournament. First up was YASL22 Where the Reindeer Dare Not Go. My attacking Russians were unable to overcome the German mountain troops and their many...
  3. S

Operation Turnscrew (Dennis Brothers)

Are you guys using the German sniper SMC(1-8-8) counters?? Rob
  4. S

Played DN1 from the new CdG mod. This scenario is part of the Dinant CG but uses geo boards 5a and 7a. My Germans had to exit some trucks that were in convoys. The Belgians are in a tough spot. Germans to the north, west and east. The set up is key for the Belgians, as they must face...
  5. S

Played BFP 25, From Villebaudon to Valhalla as the Germans. Got off to a rough start but after the American OBA went away and my AAA knocked down the fighter bombers the route was open. My feelings are that the defenders need to have at least even luck with the OBA and FBs to slow the 10...
  6. S

Dinant CG (Dennis Brothers)

12.1 A Barrage is a type of OBA Fire Mission (C1.7), and is available to a player if he is allowed one or more Pre-Registered hexes. No pre-reg = no barrage!
  7. S

No tunnels for my Germans....
  8. S

Just finished RO6 The Playing Field. This was for round two of the Nor'easter tournament. My Germans held off the Russians when their OBA failed to come down. Real tough on the Reds without the OBA. I also played DB156 To The Neman. My Germans held off the attacking Russians in a close...
  9. S

Played BoF20, Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea. My defending Reds held off a relentless German attack. Key to my victory was the elimination of the JagdPanthers in CC. I also finished up the finals match in this years Winter Offensive. My defending Americans were able to eek out the...
  10. S

Managed to finish up two games this weekend. First, in the Winter Offensive tourney, my Germans defeated some poor luck Americans in an unpublished scenario. Counted at least five box cars on Amis rally attempts!! This propels me into the WO finals! Second, my poor Swedes and Finns were...
  11. S

Played round 3 of the virtual Winter Offensive the other night. All the scenarios for the tournament are from a future Action Pack from MMP. We played a SS vs Brit battle on the new board 15a. Cool scenario that gives both sides a chance to attack. Ran out of time after three turns. I won...
  12. S

Just finished MM13 Texel Lighthouse. My hapless Germans were trounced by the Georgian rebels. Not fun. Rob
  13. S

Finished my second round match for the vWO. Played another German vs Russian slugfest on new board 15a(mostly). My Germans(SS) attacked with a dozen squads and some big cats. The Russians defended with a lone 57LL AT gun and some reinforcing armor, which included two JSII. My infantry ground...
  14. S

Played Q18, Take the Crossroads today. My defending Germans were swept aside after my 9-1, 467, MMG were taken out by an American 60mm mortar. This was a first round match in the Nor'easter Tourney. Rob
  15. S

Managed to complete my third scenario of the year. Urdaneta Ambush, MM67 from the Kansas City guys Full Rulebook ASL pack. This smallish scenario has the Americans trying to run a gauntlet of Japanese dug in tanks with Shermans and infantry. My crappy Type 97B tanks, set up HIP and dug in...