Recent content by Sker

1. S

Italian Campaign 43-45 Marc Custer vs Wyatt "Veers" Courtney

It's correct. Northern Italy was often use by the Germans to refit and retrain their frontline units retired from more active fronts. Those divisions were mostly used in antipartisan actions and were sent wherever needed a few month after. So be careful because 76.ID may be withdrawn sooner or...
  2. S

Italian Campaign 43-45 Menschenfresser vs Wyatt "Veers" Courtney

I agree with Telumar. But in the other hand if your opponent feel confident enough to counterattack in force in the Salerno area he may not be able to defend properly the whole Gustav line, exposing himself to the attack by 8th Army in the center or in the left side of the peninsula. Even if...
  3. S

Italian Campaign 43-45 Marc Custer vs Wyatt "Veers" Courtney

Thanks for posting this one Veers! I'm surely gonna follow this game
  4. S

Fall Grün 1938 Heldenkaiser vs. Nemo

Yes I think this is a good way to explicate that rule. Your opponent needed just a single unit to garrison the city and the attack wuold have failed. Good job anyway!
  5. S

Well done! You found a way to trick your opponent and to get out from a difficult situation. Anyway it's questionable if a single engegneer batalion in Wien could really change the situation of the war. But this is a game and rules are rules. I'm waiting to see you next AAR!!
  6. S

Introduce Yourself!

I'm Marco, 19, from Italy, student. I'm playing TOAW since 2006 and this was the first serious wargame I have ever played. And I have still many things to learn about it. I watched this forum for one year or so, then I finally decided to register and start posting something (not very often...
  7. S

I think that this scenario is very unbalanced: a good german opponent is able to deny any chance of victory by exploiting his huge superiority. With quite modern equipment mountains are not that formidable obstacle when they are undefended: in order to be somehow effective in delaying your...
  8. S

Up the Bloody Boot PLAYTEST Discussion Thread

I post here just to inform everyone that haven't already heard about it that the area around L'Aquila, were are you actually fighting on the map, have been afflicted yesterday in early morning by a terrible earthquake. There are actually more that 200 deads and about 1500 woundend and many...
  9. S

Diary from the Burma Campaign (Allied) [PARTIAL]

Re: Diary from the Burma Campaign (Allied) Very interesting idea but it will work only for scenarios that don't have many units involved. With bigger scenarios I think that it will take too much time to move everything and it will be impossible to think before playing how to move every unit.
  10. S

Fun in the Jungle (Silvanski vs Veers in Burma)

Any update about the game??
  11. S

Diary from the Burma Campaign (Allied) [PARTIAL]

Re: Diary from the Burma Campaign (Allied) I reallly enjoyed this one but I understand that the lost of the main character made it difficult to continue. Anyway you can try to do the same during another game, obviously if you have the time to do it. I'll surely continue to follow what's goin...
  12. S

Fun in the Jungle (Silvanski vs Veers in Burma)

Nice move! This way tou bypassed his defensive line that would have possibly delayed you for long.
  13. S

Discussion on "Diary from the Burma Campaign (Allied)" [Part of Another]

Re: Discussion on "Diary from the Burma Campaign (Allied)" Really sorry about that! Next time I'll wait some time before posting comments. I just thought you had already played the turn and you were waiting to find some time to report it. Well at least now you're prepared: the...
  14. S

Discussion on "Diary from the Burma Campaign (Allied)" [Part of Another]

Re: Discussion on "Diary from the Burma Campaign (Allied)" I saw the bad development of turn 9 from Silvanski AAR. You probably have waited too much before starting to retreat on the other bank of Sittang river. So what are you thinking to do now? Will you be still able to defend Rangoon, even...
  15. S

DNO-Olorin vs Fungwu [COMPLETE]

Re: DNO-Olorin vs Fungwu Maybe you can report the issues you are talking about on the matrix forum. This can be helpful to fix them up. I heard that ant units are one of the bigger concern for every scenario designer.