Recent content by Simon62

1. Simon62

Placing demo charge from a smoke hex

Hi, not sure on this one. I have two engineers (one with a demo charge) and a leader and an enemy unit 2 hexes away all units are in a roofed factory so MF entry is 1MP. Both engineers place infantry smoke into a hex adjacent to the enemy unit and the engineer with the DC and the leader...
  2. Simon62

Units in melee and command/panic

Excellent - thanks for that knew it had to be somewhere but couldn't find it - what about enemy units is there an exception for them somewhere or do they have to test for panic i will have another look Simon
  3. Simon62

Units in melee and command/panic

Hi, I have 2 enemy units held in melee by 2 friendly units - it is the enemy player turn. Do any of these units have to roll for command/panic? - the friendly units are not within 2 hexes of a friendly leader so would normally have to roll to see if they panic on the first action (attack...
  4. Simon62

Movement exception modifier to sighting task check

Hi the following came up in our game this afternoon: A offboard observer is making a sighting task check to place an AR in the Dfph, the unit it is sighting moved in the previous movement phase and moved 1 hex from outside to inside a building. On the sighting task check there is a + 1...
  5. Simon62

Retention of DC's in VOTG or RB when thrown against an AFV target

Hi, playing VOTG and looking at a thrown DC at an AFV moving in an adjacent road hex as a Defensive fire attack - the placement DR is a 10 with a +2 for motion vehicle, +2 for thrown DC, -1 for thrown through rear target facing and -1 for TK case B aerial modifier giving a total +2. A position...
  6. Simon62

Actions from rubble hexes in VOTG as opposed to RB

Hi, playing VOTG and have a MMC in a wrecked rail car which is looking to street fight an AFV moving in the street adjacent. VOTG indicates that the Wrecked rail car should be treated as rubble and refers to Red Barricades rubble rules - these say that street fighting can be undertaken from a...
  7. Simon62

Overrun & CC reaction fire process questions

OK so in my example the AFV has 15 MP's so to OVR is 4 MP's at the start of the OVR the MMC DFF's misses and is marked with a first fire counter. It then SFF's on the second MP of the OVR and again misses and is marked with a final fire counter. At this point what happens with regards D7.212...
  8. Simon62

Street fighting

Hi, there seems to be no restriction on number of MF's available to a MMC when street fighting - E.G. a MMC with a 50mm Mtr SW (portage 5 PPs) has a movement allowance of 2 Mf's. It is in a building adjacent to a road/debris hex and there is a wall to cross. To move into the hex to make a...
  9. Simon62

Thanks for the answers this has really helped. Just want to confirm the response to answer 7 - does this mean that a unit being overrun will be able to reaction fire as first fire, sub first fire and the FPF at the overrunning AFV which only gets 1 attack during the overrun. In most cases the...
  10. Simon62

Hi, not done allot of overruns before but having to deal with one now and not sure if I have got this correct so any confirmation or correction would be helpful. The situation is an AFV with malf MA but a functioning coax MG is currently stationary in a debris/road hex holding an enemy unit in...
  11. Simon62

Followed enemy AVF command but MP's still remaining

Hi, I have the following situation: At the start of the enemy turn a stationery enemy AFV is in a hex with a friendly MMC which it is holding in Melee (the friendly unit and AFV failed to do any damage to each other in the friendly CC phase of the last player turn). In the prep fire phase...
  12. Simon62

Concealment of activated enemy units

Hi, a very simple question - I have a enemy suspect in a building and in the friendly advance phase I move next to it, check it fore activation and it generates a squad. As this is the advance phase the just generated enemy unit cannot fire is it placed under a concealment counter? I cannot...
  13. Simon62

Infantry IFT attacks

Hi, reading through table A3a Enemy IFT attacks vs infantry/PRC. Some of the result specify target must be in normal range (E.G. result 7,8) or within max range (e.g. result 6) others do not specify normal or max range (e.g. result 9) - do those results that do not specify normal/max range...
  14. Simon62

AFV Defensive fire but needs a covered arc change

Hi need some help with understanding part of this rule from S8.61: The ENEMY unit must First/Subsequent First/Final Protective Fire (as appropriate) at the moving non-vehicular Target if an AC dr would otherwise be necessary [EXC: 8.613 also, if the ENEMY unit is a ⅝" Ordnance with an Acquired...
  15. Simon62

Selection of units to jitter firr

Hi Playing a night scenario and the following situation occurred and not sure if we got the rules interpretation correct and some clarity from the guru’s would be appreciated. A unit rolls 1,1 on a straying DR resulting in no straying but jitter fire by the closest defender. E1.551 states...