Recent content by Sgt_Rock

1. S

Napoleonic Game Poll - Campaign 1815: Napoleon's Return

It was decided not to pursue this project. I moved over to work on the Panzer Campaigns titles with the Wargame Design Studios team. While I would have loved to have worked on this project John Tiller and I agreed that it just would have demanded too much in the way of graphics. The first...
  2. S

Napoleonic Battles - Republican Bayonets on the Rhine RELEASE

Enjoy, folks, we really pulled out all the "stops" on this one. A lot of bonus material that will help acquaint people with these more obscure battles. :)
  3. S

Napoleonic Game Poll - Campaign 1815: Napoleon's Return

I would like to hear from the community on whether you are interested in a game on the entire 1815 campaign to include the Belgian campaign which culminated in the Battle of Waterloo. This game would include a brand new map of Belgium to include areas to the east and west of the existing Belgium...
  4. S

Update on Work on New Napoleonic Title

Not long now. Final artwork is almost done. Game should be out this month. :)
  5. S

More Napoleonic Work

Ok - the game is Campaign Eylau-Friedland. After 3 months of work I have finished up with all of the battles of the winter of 1807. Playtesting is well underway on these. I have completed most of the scenarios for the Battle of Friedland too. Heilsberg is up next.
  6. S

More Napoleonic Work

I picked up another project two weeks ago and just finished the first major battle for this title. Its been a whirlwind of activity here. The playtesters are working on the first major battle now. Cannot go into details but its great to have a new project just as the one I was working on for a...
  7. S

Latest update - all I need to do now is review the PDT files, wait on artwork, build the Getting Started PDF file and put the website product page together. We are still playtesting scenarios and I am updating them based on results or my own personal review. I finished up with the "Armies"...
  8. S

Green Bases Revisited

Thanks much, Paul <thumbsup>
  9. S

Proposal to auto-movement

Send this along to the John Tiller Software support email and see what they say? I think you will find that as long as one of the units in the column doesn't get shot at that the entire column stays together as long as they all have the same MP allowance and the terrain allows them to do so. For...
  10. S

"Clouds of Skirmishers"

What sets the WV board game off from the Tiller series is that there was a unique Sequence of Play not found in any other game before that time. There was not a "Player Turn" - it was an interwoven order of play that had to do with the British defense and the French attack styles. Some folks I...
  11. S

Working on finishing up the Battle of Ostrach, March 1799. Jourdan and the French army almost overwhelmed by the more numerous Austrian forces. 1st Stockach followed (already playtested and ready to go). Hoping to do Biberach 1800 this week. Have to revamp the Memmingen map from the Austerlitz...
  12. S

I am working on another game for John Tiller Software in the Napoleonic Battles series - this game will be a companion title to Campaign Marengo covering the battles in France, the Austrian Netherlands, Switzterland, Bavaria, Holland and the Rhineland. Battles such as Valmy, Bergen, Fleurus, 1st...
  13. S

"Clouds of Skirmishers"

Here are some advantages of deploying skirmishers: 1. If you place them one hex in front of a unit they help reduce the casualties suffered by that unit. 2. They can help keep other units away from your formed units. The enemy has to attack them to clear them out of the way. (just dont put them...
  14. S

Campaign Marengo Update 1.01 Released

The first update for Campaign Marengo has been released. You can get it here: http://johntillersoftware.com/updates/Marengo_101_upd.exe Besides corrections to scenarios and so on there was a change to the amount of time for Night turns so that some of the scenarios that used long Night turns...
  15. S

Campaign Marengo Has Released!

The latest Napoleonic Battles title from John Tiller Software was released last Friday. It is called Campaign Marengo and covers the three campaigns in Northern Italy from 1796-1800 (specifically 1796-97, 1799 and 1800). The Battle of Loano from 1795 was added in as a bonus. You can find out...