Recent content by sfcmikej

1. sfcmikej

Fire Group Cowering and Fire Lane

I agree that some rules, as written, as difficult to discern. Sometimes it takes a knowledge of other rules for complete understanding of a particular rule. I think the writers of the rulebook did an outstanding job of trying to keep the verbiage down to a minimum and that is important in a...
  2. sfcmikej

Fire Group Cowering and Fire Lane

A multi hex fire group shoots and a MMG in the group lays a fire lane. The IFT DR is doubles so the FG attack cowers. However, random selection determines what unit(s) are marked with a Final Fire Counter. The RS doesn't select the unit with the MMG so that unit is not marked with a final...
  3. sfcmikej

Dice problem

Hey All, I have recently upgraded to 6.6.5 and neither me nor my opponent can see dice rolls. We have both applied the above fixes to no avail. Any other ideas? Mike
  4. sfcmikej

AT Gun reveal at night

Thanks Scott. I have JRV's "Bring on the Night". I knew I wasn't seeing something obvious. You are correct. Thanks. Thanks for the move Robin? Where did I put it originally? I thought it was in the Rules folder. Mike
  5. sfcmikej

AT Gun reveal at night

Hey All, AT Gun in a non-illuminated hex fires at a tank in an illuminated hex and rolls a cdr of 6. Does he lose concealment? I think he does as the unit in the illumination can see gunflashes outside of the illumination but I am unsure. Thanks. Mike
  6. sfcmikej

Detection Question

Thanks Klas, much appreciated. Mike
  7. sfcmikej

Detection Question

Hey all, Playing a night PTO scenario. The Japanese attacker is cloaked and the American defender has HIP units. Of course, according to the night rules there are dummies. Since the defending Americans are lax the exception for HIP units to retain HIP when an enemy unit enters the hex as per...
  8. sfcmikej

Leader Direction of a MG Bore sight shot

Thanks Eagle, that is the way I see it too. Mike
  9. sfcmikej

Leader Direction of a MG Bore sight shot

Hey all, I have always played that a leader can direct a MG shooting as DFF at a bore sighted hex. Recently that was, surprisingly to me, questioned. My opponent pointed out that C6.44 (Below) says that the -2 Bore Sighted DR applies only if all elements of the fire group qualify for it and...
  10. sfcmikej

Platoon Movement Conundrum

Excellent guess on the scenario!
  11. sfcmikej

Yeah Volga that is the conclusion that we came to. EagleIV I am of the same opinion as aloha_brian, I don't know of an exception to the LOS requirement while in bypass. Unfortunately none of the adjacent hexsides to the trench are bypassable by the armored car as the trench, by SSR, connects...
  12. sfcmikej

A platoon consisting of 2 tanks and an armored car move around a corner and encounter a trench. The tanks are allowed across with a bog roll but the armored car may not enter the hex. Since the armored car did not declare independent movement at the start of the MPh (D14.23), which is the only...
  13. sfcmikej

CC vs an Armed but Unarmored Halftrack

Hey All, I want to CC a SdKfz 10/4 which is an armed but unarmored halftrack. I don't think I need a PAATC to go into the hex in the Advance Phase as the SdKfz 10/4 does not meet the definition of an AFV in D1.2. A11.5 outlines the procedure for CC vs a Vehicle and 11.6 adds the PAATC...
  14. sfcmikej

MG Bore Sighting

Thanks guys. That is how I have always played it but was looking at the rule to make sure I could use it vs a bypassing unit and started to question my understanding.
  15. sfcmikej

MG Bore Sighting

I may have been playing this wrong for years. When shooting DFF in the Boresight hex can the MG FG with the manning infantry? I have always thought the MG had to fire alone but in looking at C6.4 I am now thinking the manning infantry can combine and get the -2 DRM but an not sure. Which is...