Recent content by sdennis

1. sdennis

Minefield and Trail Breaks in (or around) a Building Hex

We had this discussion in a Manila thread and the seemingly concensus answer is you can't leave the building hex (I47) without taking a mine attack, even into I48.... I think it's BS :-) but that seemed to be the group think as the rules are written.
  2. sdennis

KGS2 Their Fate Sealed A-T SET DC question.

The Deluxe Scenario Mayhem in Manila suffers from the same issue, just never use the road.
  3. sdennis

Black Friday avoidance project.

Gary, how much do you anticipate it will weigh when loaded? I would love to have something like that for home but for travel seems heavy maybe?
  4. sdennis

Manila questions

I appreciate the thanks, I got a lot of nice face to face feedback at ASLOK this year, but I've gotten a bad taste in my mouth these last few days. Really appreciate it. And I agree with the last statement as well.
  5. sdennis

Manila questions

We are also enjoying it for the most part. My comment to someone else the other day was the rules were not as "tight" as I would have liked, hence the questions. We had the same experience with LFT, Hatten, and Dinant (our recent play). Those designers never chastised me for asking questions...
  6. sdennis

Manila questions

@ASLSARGE Since YOU dragged me into this I'll give you my last response as well. I like the concept, I respect the time you put into this (something I would never do myself) kudos to you. Are some of the rules a bit tough for ME to decipher? Yes they are. I'm sorry that my mind does not operate...
  7. sdennis

AP18 goodies?

Again, drag your sorry ass back to the Midwest and find out exactly what goes on!!
  8. sdennis

AP18 goodies?

After having returned after 5 years I feel comfortable saying this... Tom I guess you just have to be there! :-)
  9. sdennis

Dennis boys trip to Manila #2 (Let's try SF CG3)

Be careful what you wish for! The knife to the heart is the fact that Bret STILL makes Neil's ASLOK badge say "The Good Dennis"....
  10. sdennis

Dennis boys trip to Manila #2 (Let's try SF CG3)

Thanks Roger for the feedback. I always wonder if I should spend my time on these. Going to ASLOK gave me some nice feedback from Doug, etc. too. So we will continue. We did not play this past weekend and maybe not next weekend either (due to the likelihood of being hung over on Sunday after the...
  11. sdennis

Reading the VC (WCW05 Abandon Ship!)

That’s how I saw everyone play it when it came out. (Eagles answer)
  12. sdennis

ASLOK XXXVII - Official TD AAR

Hey Bret, how's the space usage looking? Neil said he saw some pics on FB making it seem like there was not a lot of free space left? Neil and I were hoping to be able to share a table so we can share one set of stuff... We won't roll in until 9 or 10 Wed night...
  13. sdennis

VOTG railcars and mines

They are NOT buildings. The avoid mine attack SPECIFICALLY mentions building hexes. How are railcars == buildings? Realism or strict reading of English rules?
  14. sdennis

VOTG railcars and mines

COWTRA. Ask him to show you where it says that attached railcars allow entry free of mine attack... put the onus on him.
  15. sdennis

Board 54 Hex BB2 Orchard Road

If my opponent said that was not "down the road" I would start arguing shadows are part of the building, etc. (and likely find a new opponent) The goal is not to win by lawyering