Recent content by Scout Out

1. Scout Out

Favorite Movie Scores

My fav five, Metropolis (Moroder Edition) (1984) :hail: Pink Floyd the Wall :hurray: Last of the Mohicans :cool: Heavy Metal :jack: Top Gun :flag:
  2. Scout Out

more doom 3 stuff

Dark as a witches behind. :surprise: :OHNO: I'm gonna try and finish Doom3 once without resorting to some of the Flashlight/Weapon mods out there. Looking forward to some 4-way fragfests as more Mods out there design maps for the doom crowd. Off to read the review... ;)
  3. Scout Out

Best all time actor War or Combat movies

Having voted for Audie Murphy, I'd like to add 2 actors that could easily have made the list. Vic Morrow, of COMBAT fame. http://www.jodavidsmeyer.com/combat/personnel/Vic_Morrow_menu.html James Coburn, Cross of Iron/Major Dundee/Hell Is for Heroes
  4. Scout Out

Most effective Units in a battle...

Playing an "Operation" called Mobile Defense. 2 player email. Of all the units on my side this 1 PZIVJ has lasted into the 3rd battle but still have 3battles to go. I must admit during this OP, a Soviet air strike during Battle 3 was intense. Immobilzed a King Tiger, while an IS-2 took out...
  5. Scout Out

If you only had one war game...

TOAW-COW would be the one computer game.:hurray: World in Flames the one Boardgame. :clap: One deck of Playing Cards :joy: as backup in case of power failure or worse. :cry:
  6. Scout Out

Best Mini Series of All Time

They are all good picks. BoB is great. And i have a softspot for V. There is one mini-series i'd like to add, I Claudius. :toast:
  7. Scout Out

Suspense and Thriller Movies

Alfred Hitchcock, :shock: may very well be the master of suspense and thriller movies. Going through a list of his movies and the TV show really brings to light his twisted genius. :scream: I agree Rear Window, is great, so are: Strangers on a Train Vertigo Psycho to name a few, of many...
  8. Scout Out

Horror Movies

Overseer, Actually I've only seen two on IFC. Don't think it makes me a fan. Can't remember the name of one but the other was "Ôdishon" or "Audition". Watched it late into the night and thought it was brilliant. The ending was as shocking as it was horrific. :shock: :scream: :shock...
  9. Scout Out

Horror Movies

Horror movies are hard to define. I consider "The Hulk" a horror movie, as well as "Alien" and "Seven". Even though one is considered Sci-Fi and the other Crime Drama. :shock: Vincent Price, has always been a favorite of mine when it comes to Horror. Even though many never really frightened...
  10. Scout Out

Paul Mooney on Fahrenheit 9/11

This last weekend i was invited by some of my liberal leaning friends to see a movie. Upon arriving i'm told that the movie of choice is Fahrenheit 9/11. Well i say "no way am i paying to see that piece of $%!^." I'll go see something else. Then an offer is made to pay my way "cuz it would be...
  11. Scout Out

A history of wargaming

A really good read!!!:D Especially liked this excerpt: Thanks for sharing. :toast:
  12. Scout Out

The Last Samurai

SAKI! Cruise-san's portrayal of a functional drunk & recovery from alcoholism was very well done. The relationships between Nathan & Katsumoto, Ujio, BOB and the clan was just superb. It is a thinking man's movie with much more to it than meets the eye. :thumb: :horse: :horse...
  13. Scout Out

Favorite Quote from Movie

Powers Booth. :thumb:
  14. Scout Out

Favorite Quote from Movie

free time = a bunch... Most are protaganist quotes. If ya don't know the movie quoted, ask. :toast: , someone should know. The web saved me a lot of typing. :drool: Darth Vader: I find your lack of faith disturbing. Darth Vader: He will join us or die, my master. Darth Vader...
  15. Scout Out

Dr. Sinister Exposed

What are you going to do tonight? Doctor Sinister, It has come to my attention that there is another who seeks domintaion of the world. I must admit to being a fan of his. The jury is still out who to follow??? Go here and meet your nemesis... :D...