Scott Tortorice

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Haven't checked out Berserk besides that first episode or two. I'll get around to it sooner or later.

I've been watching a few minutes of Darker than Black. Any good? I think you said you liked it?
    Yeah but Spike... common =(

And agreed. Those it's still fun to watch I just think if it followed the manga more it would have been even better (why do anime directors don't do this is beyond me). Also, have you checked out Berserk??
    Amen. I give them credit for no endlessly dragging the show out with more than one season. Short and sweet is the way to go.

Finally finished Claymore. I give it a 'B'. It started out better than it ended.
    Man... no matter how many times I see the ending of Cowboy Bebop it really vexes me.... and it's for every reason that it is. It sad, moody, awesome, cool as hell, and a great end to a great series. I just wish there was some closure on the characters though... but then it'd probably ruin the series. Dammit pretty is the word that sums up Cowboy Bebop for me.
    I wrote you a long piece that would not fit in this box so I used the email through the forum. I hope you got it. If not, please let me know and I shall post my recommendations here in shorter format.
    Ah I see. Well imo with Claymore at least Claire didn't exactly "forget" about her main goal as happens in others where some crap happens and a whole different arc appears and then the author throws in something at the end that drags it back to the main storyline. (Basically covering their ass.) But with Claymore I never got that feeling tbh. Even with where the manga is right now most of it to me seemed to be explaining something about the organization, the yoma, awakened beings, claymores, etc. etc.
    I just get tired when a straightforward story takes all sorts of twists and turns to get to its destination. I liked the whole Claire-Teresa-Penelope revenge quest, but now they've introduced a shadowy conspiracy in the organization, and a war of super awakened beings. It could get to be interesting, but having to sit through all these "side quests" seems to be delaying the central story.
    It does and I agree somewhat that it did start off a little better initially. But how do you find it tedious??

And yeah it confused me initially as well. Basically blondie's force is out numbered a LOT to very little but his enemy, Mr. Brunette's force, decided to split their forces up giving the advantage away to blondie. He sees it and proceeds to kick Mr. Brunette's forces to kingdom come. However this whole battle and its aftermath lasts about... 4 episodes or so... I think.

And I'm about... 10-15 episodes in I think... can't remember but something like that.
    I've been watching it on Funimation (8:30pm). The story has taken some interesting turns. However - so far anyway - I think it started off on the better foot. I am finding this convoluted plot to be somewhat tedious. Still, waiting to see how this ends up, so no judgment yet.

I did watch the first episode of Tales of Galactic Heroes (or whatever it was called). It has an interesting premise (I like the Victorian politics and style), but I found the first battle to be really confusing.

How far along are you?
    Ah... are you watching Claymore on Funimation or did you rent it? I was watching the last several episodes on friday and went to finish a few more the next day and found that they decided they didn't want the whole show up anymore :cry:
    Surprisingly I have heard of the anime just never watched it and no I don't believe I told you about it.... or did I??? o_O But it looks like they have one helluva team making that anime though. I would like to ask though, have you watched the Legend of the Galactic Heroes yet??
    Haha yeah I hear ya on that! And indeed, the miniature hobby does have a lot to offer in sci-fi gaming. Games Workshop's Battlefleet Gothic, 40K, Epic, Inquisitor, Necromunda, and Space Hulk. (I hope those links work). Alone 40k can satisfy many sci-fi needs. And sadly it is missing on the PC but hopefully one day, someone will do it justice!

Also I thought you'd like this: BvC
    Same story with me, vis-a-vis the miniatures hobby. If I would have found 40K in college, I probably would have spent a fortune on it in money and time. But now...I just don't have the patience (or money). I would like to get involved again for the reasons you mentioned, and for the fact that the minis community has some great tactical sci-fi wargames - something completely absent on the PC - but that will have to await another day.
    Haha yeah it was! And lol I don't mind elves... well at least the not so "fairy" ones ;)

And yeah agreed! She was the experienced type character that has been waaaay over stereotyped in many animes, and like you said, always you. When one is older they are usually given some super godlike ability and infinite wisdom but Teresa seemed more down to earth despite being totally awesome.

And haha no problem! That gave me a really good laugh. And no sadly, I stated when I was younger in high school but the prices rose, I found less time to work on it (ended up splitting a dark angels army with my brother and a friend). But I've always always been fond of miniature gaming, especially Games Workshop. Always loved the models and the idea that you can paint them however you like and then fight them. I plan on getting back into it in the future.
    I will say I was glad to see the "elf" get hers. :) I hate elves.

I like Teresa because she seemed like an older character and not your typical 18-24 anime character (like the others). I thought it was refreshing to have an experienced warrior be old enough to BE experienced. :D

Thanks for the Angry Marines link. That still makes me laugh. :laugh: I'm not familiar with DakkaDakka. Is that a good site? Do you do a lot of miniatures wargaming?
    I know right! Was like oh cool! she's fine! Then *slice* wtfo8we589q34p9rf!!!!! That darned wench!

Hahahaha that was funny!

Thought you'd like some more of The Angry Marines
    Yeah, I saw it. First time I really get into an anime character, and she gets beheaded. Great. :angry:

But yeah, I like a show with guts! (pun intended) :) Can't wait to see where this is heading. (double pun for the win!)
    I will say though, I wish they showed more of Teresa but her battling the other Claymores and bossing them was awesome!
    I assume you saw the episode (spoiler) where Teresa gets killed by Priscilla right? Yeah that pretty much sucked but the world in the anime is in isn't very forgiving and I very much like that aspect of it a lot!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…