Scott Tortorice

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I saw you were looking for a Battle of the Bulge game and I found one a week ago. Not sure if I pointed it out to you but here's the link to it Command Ops: Battle of the Bulge. There's also a demo in the download section.
    When school is done this semester I'm going to give the Dominions demo a look see. It looks very interesting and I like the different time periods it covers as well as the races and technological differences between them. That definitely caught my eye. I'm not sure about the $50 price tag because wow... that's quite a lot for a game that's been out for some time. If it was $30 I'd definitely think about getting it, even without trying the demo (the reviews I read on the forum and on other sites were pretty damn convincing). And yeah I agree with you that it seems Elemental looks to be moving toward Dominions' direction but is taking a painfully looooong time.
    What did you decide to do with Dominions? I wrote my experiences in that thread you started. Elemental is moving more and more in a Dominions direction...but at the rate they're going, it'll be a few years before they get there. It is getting a bit annoying. EWoM was released in August and here we are, on the verge of December, and the game still has a looong way to go before it will be truly enjoyable.
    Yes I have already played both winSPWWII and winSPMBT. Mostly MBT though. Really fun game and have had the AI battling itself on my computer in the background while I've done hw.
    Not sure if you ever heard of this game, I just came across it myself, but it seems to be a fairly decent game from what I gather. I haven't tried the demo (though I downloaded it) but the description of the game sort of reminds me of this other one in beta at the moment. Mind you the graphics don't looks so great but hey, I don't mind as long as the game is good. Anyways here it is; Dominion 3: The Awakening.
    I've put it on hold for a bit, got the T-day holiday thing going on at the house, eh?
    I just tried Men at War. I've got to say, the original game is quite good! I think the standalone expansion is now a must for me!
    I'll take your word for it. I had tried getting SPMBT but I couldn't figure it out (that was a long time ago) so I think I'll be able to work it out now haha.
    They are definitely worth it. Quite frankly, I am amazed that no one has tried to copy the winning SP gameplay with a more modern title. I suppose Battlefield Academy is trying to do that, but it has a ways to go yet to get all the nitty gritty detail that SP has.
    The differences is that SPWWII deals with WWII, while MBT deals with post-WWII wars/equipment up to 2020 if I remember correctly. So it is basically a choice between a WWII tac wargame and a wargame that deals with post-WWII (Korea, Vietnam, Africa, hypo WWIII) scenarios.
    Is there a difference between the two versions (I.e. SPWW2 and SPMBT)?? They do look fun but I'll spend a lot of time on which ever one I end up downloading. (Ack! Should I post this on the Steel Panters page?? Just to garner some traffic there?) And don't worry, half of my personal library is taken up by WWII books lol!
    Ah.. I thought it felt familiar when I was typing that.

And oh that's a good anime. I liked it quite a bit but haven't gotten around to watching the second season. Overall I'd say I'd recommend it.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…