Recent content by Ryan Marsh

1. Ryan Marsh

Assault Movement

OK, that makes sense too.
  2. Ryan Marsh

Area Fire with Big Guns

So it is all about looking at the charts and figuring the best TH, and usually going with that?
  3. Ryan Marsh

Assault Movement

Awesome, things are starting to click. Once you get some basics down, things start making "ASL Sense".
  4. Ryan Marsh

Assault Movement

Sorry for all the newbie questions, but adding in new terrain I ran into an issue last night. In order to Assault Move, you can spend more than 1 MF, but only move one HEX? So moving one HEX up hill, and spending 2 MF is still Assault Movement? But if it uses ALL the unit's MF, it cannot be...
  5. Ryan Marsh

Area Fire with Big Guns

Thank you for the correction! :) Ok, I didn't even think of Infantry and AFVs in the same space, and having to choose who to fire at, this gives the option to hit both, if I am reading you correctly?
  6. Ryan Marsh

Area Fire with Big Guns

This might be a dumb question, but.... Why would one choose area fire over direct fire? Can I get some top examples? Thank You in advance.
  7. Ryan Marsh

White Phosphorous (WP)

Just watched a quick old American war film from the 40s on WP vs HE, that stuff was nasty.
  8. Ryan Marsh

White Phosphorous (WP)

Decided to get ASLSK #2 and continue to work through the rules solo. Am I understanding the rule correctly? You can choose to fire a normal shot with the mortar (which is always Area Fire) or choose to fire WP and it will leave smoke on target and cause a NMC (as long as the TM DRM is met). I...
  9. Ryan Marsh

Controlled Buildings

Thanks for the tip! You have to find any use you can for the bad leaders.
  10. Ryan Marsh

Controlled Buildings

Ok, that makes more sense. I am off to read my rules right now and hope to retain the information!
  11. Ryan Marsh

Controlled Buildings

So they do have to physically move through the location, they cannot just surround it. Interesting. And Benchois, yes, I have been reading the rule book itself (on loan), but it is massive to try and remember all at once. Just getting through the different phases, without skipping steps is an...
  12. Ryan Marsh

Controlled Buildings

What qualifies as controlling a building? I assume that having a unit in the building counts, but are their other conditions? I was playing a mission that the victory condition was to control > 25 buildings in a given area, but the side only had about 16 squads. If the only way to control a...
  13. Ryan Marsh

Pocket Rule Book vs Regular Rule Book

Thank you all for the plethora of information, seems that I am going to have to weigh this one out. I have a little time, I think Christmas will be my time to strike.
  14. Ryan Marsh

Ah, see that has me leaning towards the big book, because If I will need the charts anyways, seems like I am paying almost as much for less product. Also the big book can be modified later, seems like a plus.
  15. Ryan Marsh

Do you need the information on the chapter dividers and on the actual binder to play the game? Are all the charts provided in the Pocket Rule Book to play?