Recent content by Russ Isaia

1. Russ Isaia

E3.733, E3.9: Bypassing Woods in Deep Snow

The squad in 3D9 below wants to bypass the Woods in 3C9. Deep Snow is in effect. Q. What is the total additional MF cost attributable to the Deep Snow if it bypasses the Woods in 3C9 only as necessary to enter -- 3B9? 3B8? 3C8? A. ½ MF, 1 MF, and 1½ MF, respectively. ....Perry MMP
  2. Russ Isaia

Red Factories, Guns & Breaches

So, could you get them working on the modifier for a large Gun? I kinda fouled up on that part of the question.
  3. Russ Isaia

Here we are (copy already in the Perry Sez Collection): A1.6, O5.331, R5.331 Q. A Breach exists in an Interior Factory Wall in a game or scenario to which the above Red Barricades and Red Factories rules apply. What is the US# of the unit currently wishing to cross the breached hexside in the...
  4. Russ Isaia

A1.6, O5.331, R5.331 - Pushing a Gun through a Breach in an Interior Factory Wall

A1.6, O5.331, R5.331 Q. A Breach exists in an Interior Factory Wall in a game or scenario to which the above Red Barricades and Red Factories rules apply. What is the US# of the unit currently wishing to cross the breached hexside in the case of a crew attempting to push a Gun which is not a...
  5. Russ Isaia

Likewise, for what it is worth, I doubt the intent was to address Guns at all -- just "how many Infantry can I shove through a Breach in a Factory Interior Wall in one phase?" The prohibition against shoving through Guns (if that is there) is likely an unanticipated and possibly unwanted...
  6. Russ Isaia

A few points on Doug Leslie's arguments: 1. That A1.6 mentions specifically certain rules is hardly surprising, and not at all informative, when the (unmentioned) rule is in an HASL. 2. Concealment is not problematic how ever you interpret A1.6. The 12.122 DRM is explicit: "+X [where] X is the...
  7. Russ Isaia

To me, "as do" does not mean the Riders or attendant crews have no unit size. It means the Riders or attendant crews have a US# of 4, "as do" whatever is transporting them or whatever Gun they serve as the crew for. If the rules included them at no extra cost to the US# then I would have...
  8. Russ Isaia

"The US of a gun and its manning crew is 4 (5 if the gun is a large target)." Do you have cite for the notion that the crew unit size of 2 disappears when it is manning a Gun?
  9. Russ Isaia

LOS to Sunken HEX (41W7)

I wonder if B4.2 is the right rule, as B4.2 only mentions the dark brown outline of other Depression hexes between viewing and target Depression hexes. You get to the same result if you treat 41W7 as a Hill Depression, B19.5, however. There, from same or lower elevations one can't see INTO a...
  10. Russ Isaia

Duds

Not extra words at all. In any rules writing, the technical translation of "regardless of" is as follows: "and in case I forgot some oddball case, the answer is still" no effect!
  11. Russ Isaia

Bypass and deep snow

Great minds think alike! ;) Thanks to Doug Leslie's comment, I learned of E3.9 in time to incorporate it in the question I sent, as you'll see if and when there is a reply.
  12. Russ Isaia

Bypass and deep snow

Question sent. I ended up asking about three objective hexes involving the unit bypassing the woods parallel to one, two, and three hexsides just to address the suggestion above that the additional cost would not vary for the first two vertices reached but would thereafter.
  13. Russ Isaia

Bypass and deep snow

So in the example I proposed, under your interpretation what is the additional MF cost of the Deep Snow?
  14. Russ Isaia

Bypass and deep snow

E3.724 is not a red herring: in an analogous situation (vehicular movement in Ground Snow) the additional cost of movement is per hexside crossed/bypassed. E3.7Q&A confirms the "crossed" part is also applicable to MF expenditure: the only open question is MF expenditure per hexside bypassed...
  15. Russ Isaia

Bypass and deep snow

It would be strange for the penalty for Deep Snow to be calculated in a different manner than the penalty for Ground Snow. Deep Snow is, well, just deeper Ground Snow! But you are certainly correct that on general principles intent is no basis to resolve a RB question. I'll ask. Does this...