Recent content by rpjrim

1. R

SP236 Hammer Time

I played the Germans against Don Holland's Belgian/French force. A nice quick scenario. A light force of Belgians, supported by 6 French AFVs, need to slow down a roughly equal sized German infantry force, with 7 AFV. The Germans face some time pressure, with only 6 tuns to secure the four...
  2. R

VotG Perimeter and Control Questions

I recently kicked off VotG CG 4 as the Germans. It's the start of turn 6 of 14D, and I've got a wide open field in front of me between rows 20-30, and can reach the Volga with some of my most forward scouts. I'm somewhat confused by the perimeter determination rules, and the impact of the...
  3. R

Ersatz VASLeague 2021

In the 2nd Line League, John Mcloughlin's Germans tried to fend off Roy Johanson's French in A104, In Front of the Storm. As the French commander, I expected little from my supporting H35s. They managed to under-deliver against even these modest expectations. One threw a track before even...
  4. R

Ersatz VASLeague 2021

Gerry Proudfoot and I kicked off the new year in style, Gerry's British/Americans faced my mighty Germans in J167: Hart Attack. TIL: American M3s are awesome early war tanks. Turret 37, Hull 75, as well as a nifty remote control aamg. Clearly, my Germans had failed to read the...
  5. R

BFP Playtest Game

I’m game for a play test
  6. R

VASLeague 2019 General Discussion

In the 2nd line league, Kris Koch's Germans defended against Roy Johanson's Russians in VotG9 Eviction Notice. Things started promisingly for the Germans, a sniper stunning and recalling the Russian T-34. However, Kris's dice then became ice cold. Two broken machine guns were subsequently...
  7. R

BU AFV and Interdiction

Ah....Typo. CE, not CX
  8. R

BU AFV and Interdiction

My opponent's broken 5-2-7 thanks you.
  9. R

BU AFV and Interdiction

As is often the case, my long-term gaming partners and I can read the same rule and draw different conclusions. Our latest question: Can a BU AFV interdict infantry routing in open ground in its covered arc. No other environmental modifiers are in play. Does it matter if the AFV has...