Recent content by Roy Connelly

1. R

What's your favorite WWII tank?

Tanks I've always liked the look of the Tiger. ASL wise, I love playing the H39 (French). Squared 4's all the way around, and usually facing a doorknocker makes for great intense fun for both sides. Roy
  2. R

The Pzkpfw V Panther- Super tank Myth or Not

Panther Well guys, I don't know. I can't answer your question, wasn't there. There's still a few American WWII tankers out there, ask THOSE guys if the Panther was over-rated, under-rated or rated just right. As to the second post, Joe obviously knows his Panthers. But any of the changes...
  3. R

Opportunity Fire - when to use?

I've heard of opportunity firing a stack, then moving a negative modifier leader into the hex in the movement phase. Defender then has to decide whether to drop ? and fire at juicy leader or drop ? and fire at them all in dfph now with possible negative mods for the MC's or keep ? and face the...
  4. R

Which direction for publishers

Radical Ideas Guys, I'm with you I think. I posted earlier on this, and wish to alter my opinion. After thinking it over, there is no golden method for us to bring this game to new people. One of our club members had a friend who was playing Barbarossa to Berlin with him, he was also...
  5. R

Which direction for publishers

Products Guys, I'm afraid I agree mostly with Adrian, and some with Pitman. But I believe I am in the minority. I think most ASL'ers want more stuff, and I have no problem with that. It's just that I don't unless the subject matter really catches me. The problem I see with more boards is...
  6. R

Four Aces

Mike and I played TAC 33: Four Aces after our game of Bear Hunt went so quickly. Four Aces is a 1940 tank scen between the French and Germans. It takes place on boards 12 and 16, with the German tanks needing to traverse the length of board 16 and exit between A5 and A10. They get three waves...
  7. R

Bear Hunt

Mike Rose and I played ATF 3: Bear Hunt from the HOB boys. This scenario is one of the three freebies for download at thier website. Bear hunt is a December of '43 Partisan / German affair, with a fairly feeble garrison consisting of 2nd line Germans in a village of a half board 32. A...
  8. R

maps - your comments welcome

new maps Ok, I would like to argue on the side of sanity here. :wink: I've seen you guys' arguments for new boards, and while sympathetic, I simply can't believe you can't come up with a board configuration to match within reason, what you want to portray. Especially with the ability to...
  9. R

avitar's

Love my avatar. Brian Williams helped me with mine. He offered up some space earlier. Don't know how much he has or how many people he has helped, but mine is much appreciated. Roy :lol:
  10. R

Checking my new avatar! Testing my new avatar.
  11. R

Journal 4

Funky carrier scenarios Played Moses Blazes. I had Brits, rode in mounted, stayed in motion, drove off for the win in 3 movement phases. Never stopped, never dismounted, never shot my weapons. Truly hated it, so did my opponent. :?
  12. R

Journal 4

scenarios The thing I have noticed about scenarios the last couple of years is that Pete Shelling has the right idea. Scenarios with choices rock. Even scenarios with variables rock. This was started long ago with scenarios like Timoshenkos Attack, Morgan's Stand etc..... Urban Guerillas is...
  13. R

Directive Number Three

Saturday Feb 1, Bud Garding, Mike Rose and I were the players in attendance at the Southern Kansas ASL club. Looking for a three player scenario, we chose AP7- Directive Number Three. Mike and Bud decided they wanted to team up against me. I took the Krauts and they got the Ivans...