Recent content by RollTide

1. RollTide

'ASL 141 Grebbe End' Pond Hexsides SSR

ASL 141 Grebbe End SSR have the Stream Dry and Pond Hexsides K5-L4 and K5-L5 as 'Open Ground'. The Pond then exist [B21.13] with water and all at Level -1 in hex K5 [B21.2], though hex K5 itself is a 'Brush hex' at Level 0. For all practical purposes, the pond, with open ground hexsides and not...
  2. RollTide

The A-Z of ASL and WWII

North Africa
  3. RollTide

Mortar spotters

C9.3 Spotters: ... PFPh/DFPh and marked with an appropriate fire counter for having used a SW during that phase. So a HIP/concealed spotter is not marked with say an Opportunity Fire marker but is secretly using it?
  4. RollTide

live VASL gaming

to "Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday evening from 7pm till ~10pm (23:00 to 02:00 GMT)" let me add Monday and Wednesday. Game?
  5. RollTide

Where is 'VBM Marker_v2_2.vmdx'

Oh jeez, I found right here under Resources, first page, "VBM Overlay Marker Extension v2.2 "
  6. RollTide

Where is 'VBM Marker_v2_2.vmdx'

I have 'VBM Marker_v2_2.vmdx' but forgot how to bring it up and where I got it. Where on the web is 'VBM Marker_v2_2.vmdx'? Thanks
  7. RollTide

Can a Hero manning a MG use the MG to interdict

10.53 INTERDICTION with "enemy unit capable of fire" only mentions "Open Ground". So reading just 10.53 Im thinking a CX unit will be able to interdict. 10.532 INTERDICTOR, for the first an only time I can see (out of the blue) says "a positive DRM would usually come into effect and thereby...
  8. RollTide

Can a Hero manning a MG use the MG to interdict

15.23 WEAPONS USE: A hero may use a non-MG SW as if he were a leader but applies a -1 DRM to its To Hit or IFT DR. In addition, a hero uses a MG (at full FP) or other SW normally requiring two men to fire by adding +1 to its To Hit or IFT DR as appropriate (which is negated by the heroic DRM)...
  9. RollTide

live VASL gaming

Hello. Looking for live VASL gaming w/ Discord. IM USA Eastern (-4 GMT). Weekday mornings from 6am till 11am ( 10:00 till 15:00 GMT). Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday evening from 7pm till ~10pm (23:00 to 02:00 GMT). Looking to roll some virtual dice, Hank
  10. RollTide

4.72 vs DIFFICULT TERRAIN, or akin to Minimum Move without the Pin.

A hex has one counter, a 1st line Russian squad who is not CX. Can this squad use Advance vs DIFFICULT TERRAIN in advance into a hex that would cost 5MP? I think so. Can this same lone squad advance into a hex that would cost say 9MP? Thanks
  11. RollTide

only one side has only concealed units remaining is a Melee counter placed?

I understand that after CC if both sides have known units remaining a Melee counter is placed. If both sides also have concealed units remaining, in addition to both having known units remaining, a Melee counter is placed. My question is if only one side has only concealed units remaining is...
  12. RollTide

Question re: Boats

My vote is with
  13. RollTide

1st MP and TCA

Thanks
  14. RollTide

1st MP and TCA

An AFV begins its MPh with a start/delay MP and changes his TCA. May a Defender D1F on the start MP before the TCA change?
  15. RollTide

live VASL game of Advanced Squad Leader

I grew up in Mobile way back when and can understand yalls swamp talk, I guarontee. No SK here. We can game Advance Squad Leader. We can play all infantry to start, I do ask you read/have read ASL Chapter A in full. Im not a teacher going over material 'for the first time'. I am good with...