Recent content by Rockford

1. R

Terrain Question

Thanks, guys. I’ll give it a shot.
  2. R

Terrain Question

A bit new to VASL. Is there a way to transform only some terrain on a given board? So for example, if a board has three hills, and the SSR says two of them don't exist but the third does, is there a way to handle that? TIA
  3. R

AAR - A Lion In The Field - AP114

Congratulations on achieving “Vince Supremacy.”
  4. R

AAR - Loonies And Leicesters - SP116

Guys. It’s a trick question. 8-0s can’t dance. Only 8-1 and above.
  5. R

AAR - Blood On The Tracks - RO1

Have to say I agree. In my playing, I can’t say that Major Issues should have done anything substantially different as the attacker, but it was clear pretty early on that the Germans were not going to get close.
  6. R

AAR - Red Factories

Nice write up. Totally agree about Blood On the Tracks. Played it today with the Russians. I set up most of the mines and wire in the row E road and contested the initial crossing. The Germans did some damage here and there, but never really caught up. Seems pretty tough for them.
  7. R

AAR - The Playing Field - RO6

I might have stood a better chance if I had read the VC beforehand. However, I like to play ASL “single blind,” where only my opponent understands the victory conditions.
  8. R

176 The Only Way Out

I took on ASL returnee Joe Markham in this one yesterday. It features a German infantry column being discovered and attacked by the Finns while retreating up a road between a hill and a river. To win the Germans need to exit at least 10 cvp off the North edge, and have more cvp total than the...
  9. R

FFE:C and the New Extent of Error

This question has come up in each of my last two games. I thought I understood this, but since both of my recent opponents had the same different interpretation, I am questioning my rules reading. There is an FFE:C on board. You have contact and access and you want to move it. I always...
  10. R

Gloster Hill 217: a warning after a botched playing

I can't find Foresighting in the RB. Is that in Chapter E?
  11. R

OS-13 The Route

How dare you
  12. R

OS-13 The Route

I would just add that the American troops who hung on at the east end of level two and caused those multi-turn melees were the real heroes of the American side. They not only caused casualties but delayed the general advance towards the church. It was probably a mistake to be so eager to get...
  13. R

Possess/Place DC

...uh.. because he stated it pretty explicitly? I'm not talking about the OP. I'm talking about von Marwitz's post, which I believe is what JRV was responding to,
  14. R

Possess/Place DC

I don't think that in his hypothetical, VM is saying that anyone was eliminated. Just that a unit dropped the SW. (i.e, voluntarily.)
  15. R

Is Inherent Terrain "directly attached"?

Rulebook pretty explicitly says 'yes.' B25.62