Recent content by Robin Reeve

1. Robin Reeve

Routing questions

At what level is the broken unit?
  2. Robin Reeve

Attention Mapmakers: Soviet villages

One could depict some significant walls and fences nevertheless. Not just the usual palissade but, as in already existing boards, more consistent separations. ASL topography is sketchy for the least: what is a "hedge" or a "wall", after all? Not speaking of the diversity of heights, of...
  3. Robin Reeve

HIP Pillbox

I would not place the contents onboard until revealed: it would give some information about their number and the possible weapons (Gun, SW) they are manning.
  4. Robin Reeve

LOS Question: Hill/slope/stream

What map are you speaking of? Can you provide an image?
  5. Robin Reeve

eASLRB ver 1.04 IFT Table HE FFE/Aerial Bomb Effects

There is an email address indicated in the eASLRB, which you can use to inform Wargame Vault directly, btw.
  6. Robin Reeve

Minimum Range for OBA

But OBA (and FFE, etc.) means that Guns are offboard - and their distance is never precised. Thus my question.
  7. Robin Reeve

Minimum Range for OBA

Is the question about using onboard howitzers to do some indirect, OBA-like fire? An SSR would have to care for all the aspects of that question. If offboard, the range is not very important: if the historical situation evokes indirect fire missions, make them possible. If somewhere there is an...
  8. Robin Reeve

Kibitzing

Do you realise that you are arguing with Jim McLeod, who passed away years ago? You have brought necroposting to its full measure. <shudder>
  9. Robin Reeve

Vertical Board Orientation

That function unfortunately doesn't exist on VASL.
  10. Robin Reeve

Cant Fortify Rubble

One would have to ask the designer, as this is not a question about the reasons of the rule rather than about how the rule works.
  11. Robin Reeve

Is a foxhole ADJACENT to a Trench attached for movement purposes?

Sandbags were also used. But a sangar is originally a breastwork made of stones. You didn't always have the time or luxury to prepare sandbags.
  12. Robin Reeve

Perhaps because sangars are not dug into the earth and are rather small piles of stones...
  13. Robin Reeve

A question requiring a yes or no answer is the best type. As it was well asked, it was well answered.
  14. Robin Reeve

Electronic ASL Rulebook Now on Sale!!

Right. I use Okular to read the eASLRB and Zoom level is kept. Okular is freeware.
  15. Robin Reeve

Electronic ASL Rulebook Now on Sale!!

If you purchased the file, you will have received an email telling you that the revised (i.e. 1.03) version is available. Wargame Vault are doing a fine job keeping customers informed about the updating of the rule book.